Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times

Advertisements

I thought the Unit on Wednesday night was the most exciting show I've seen on TV. If you have not watched it, you are missing a great show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 09:39 AM

152 posts, read 212,210 times
Default "The Unit"

I love this show. NBC has had several great shows recently and chopped just about everyone of them. "Jericho", "Close to Home", "Shark", "Bionic Woman".

I even heard rumors that "The Unit" was being cut.

The Unit's fourth season starts tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. It has now been moved to Sunday.

Two unknowns, to me; until they came up with this show.

My favorite is Audrey Marie Anderson (Kim Brown). She is gorgeous. Then they added Rebecca Pidgeon (Charlotte Canning Ryan), equally as gorgeous.
(I hope they haven't written Rebecca Pidgeon off.)

Being a military man myself, and my wife being a military wife, for most of our marriage, we both know what it is like.

As for theme songs I liked the the first season best.

This show is as real as life itself. No gun fights with guns that seem to never run out of ammo. No one using LAWs without taking in account of the backblast area.

I think it is the only military show since the war in Iraq.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,710,460 times
Great show, can't wait to see it again tonight.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:09 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,650,631 times
hate when CBS puts a good show on Sunday night. Football always messes things up with the schedule. Wonder how my DVR will deal!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:56 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,710,460 times
It was soooo good. The addition of the female was a nice twist. For sure she'll get it on with Mac...that's my prediction.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
It was soooo good. The addition of the female was a nice twist. For sure she'll get it on with Mac...that's my prediction.
LOVE this show. But, wondering if this new "member" of The Unit is legit or a spy????? I also agree this is one show that seems more realistic. Never been in the military but do remember knowing someone that was "DEEP" into the secret side of things w/ more than 1 identity for their "job". So at least this show does have a bit more realistic things going on.

Okay, last nights show:

1. Would you not take your kids with you? Why send them to relatives. If these terrorists can find you they can ALSO find your relatives. DUH! I'd say move me, the kids AND our parents.

2. Why would you put them on a BUS?!?!?!?!?! To relocate them. HELLO! Lumbering mass of steel that is a sure target. Give me an SUV or something that can blend in AND move a bit faster if need be. Even change out vehicles along the way.

3. What do you think of the pact? The one where they said if one of the members should be with anothers wife they have their own trial? And if they are guilty it is automatic death. This one will be VERY interesting especially w/ the new twist of their identities being blown. They are not going to want a new "leader" from outside The Unit at this point in time.

4. Do you think the new "member" is legit? Is she a spy/plant? Or for real?

5. So Molly throws Kim Brown "under the bus" on the next episode???? This is gonna get interesting.

6. Do you think that Tiffy was allowed to bring her kids w/ her because of the affair and her threat of divorce?

Man, I can't wait for this season to get rolling. I could watch this show every night.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I could watch this show every night.
Me too

Honestly, they could put those 'ladies' on that bus and keep on driving for all I care. I always want to fast forward whenever they are on screen.

Very curious to see how the 'trial' goes. Don't know why, but, I found that very believable.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Very curious to see how the 'trial' goes. Don't know why, but, I found that very believable.
Me too. I'm betting it has to do w/ trust. When your in the position they are in you have to trust EVERYONE you deal with 200%. Breaking that trust by sleeping w/ one of your buddies wives...........Not so trustworthy. What do you wanna bet that if and when any of these kinds of "trials" take place it is VERY secretive and the "report" is they were killed by enemy fire or some "accident" (car or something "everyday"). I wonder if when they finally do have this "trial" if they will do any kind of flashbacks or refreneces to past "trials"???? I'm betting it is going to take ALL season to get to the "trial".

Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Default The Unit

Some great observations posted here.

"Sacrifice" was a very good episode.

I have to agree with you that there is something fishy about Bridgett.

Nicole Steinwedell plays Bridgett Sullivan.

Example:
1. When the team gets on the plane Bridgett asks if anyone has any water (while looking at Bob). Bob throws her a bottle of water and she simply puts it in her bag. Was she after his fingerprints?
2. Bridgett volunteers to join the unit saying "the enemy knows there are no women in the unit." What better way to get an operative assigned to the Wives detail. I suspect the wives will be taken as hostages.

I love how Kim stands her ground (as she always does).

As for the trial of Col. Ryan, you are probably right. It will be the end of the season before it happens.

I think Col. Ryan sensed something as he finished his briefing to the guys. So it will be interesting to see if he puts it all together.

I don't think Col Ryan will die at the hands Mac, but by the terrorist.

Preview of this upcoming episode shows that their plane is hijacked, while enroute to their next mission. I wonder if the team will look at Col. Ryan as a possible turncoat.

Remember Col. Ryan allowed Bridgett to join the team.

Looks like a very good season indeed.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:42 AM

Default "The Unit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
5. So Molly throws Kim Brown "under the bus" on the next episode???? This is gonna get interesting.
I didn't catch that preview but Molly has always been protective of Kim. My best guess is Kim escapes and rescues them.

Definitely don't want to miss this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV