Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times

Advertisements

Wow it is spooky how well predicted this season so far!

Ok, working backwards, that scene w/Bill & Lorena (or whatever her name is) was just really disturbing. But with those two...it usually is. I'll probably catch some heat for this, but I think that Bill is soooo shady. Too many issues and baggage. Just a tad too soft. It's a shame...he's quite a fine specimen (if you catch my drift).

That bodyguard guy that Eric sent along with Sookie to Mississippi is so incredibly good looking; in a non-TV star kinda way! I can't figure out though...is he werewolf or human?

Poor Tara...she just can't catch a break. That mystery vampire (he said his name, but now I don't remember!) looked better this week. Still not attractive...just 'better'. Hey, at least he is in control of himself; unlike possessed and pushed around Eggs. But he's definitely bad news.

Sam is waaay too nice. His biological family is super weird & backwards and he needs them around like he needs a hole in the head! If I were him, I would say "Nice meeting you. I'll call you...don't call me" and I would have BAILED!

Is it just me, or is Arlene prettier this season?

Eric's clothes/tastes/dialogue/decisions just can't be beat. He OWNS this season so far....at least IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
My husband and I have a good laugh at some of the dialogue. Sometimes when the plot doesn't exactly make it the comments do.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
We didn't gain a bit of ground on the werewolf/Swede Trap connection, except that Eric didn't like the memories. That speaks well of him. If anyone in the SS in WWII has good memories, that's just bad news. But given that the new crop of werewolves is described as not playing nice by the previous werewolf rules, I'm supposing we are going to end up with a Hammerskin-type connection in the end. Escaped to Colonia Dignidad or Recife or Asuncion or someplace at first, migrated here, clamped on to what bigotry we actually had that had dynamism of any kind. (The KKK has none. The skinhead types do, more's the pity.)

Was anyone else hoping to hear Sookie imitate Bill some more? "Sookeh..."

Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
I don't think that Eric and Godric in Nazi uniforms is important. They were hunting the werewolves and probably using the uniforms as a disguise.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I don't think that Eric and Godric in Nazi uniforms is important. They were hunting the werewolves and probably using the uniforms as a disguise.
In my view, I would welcome more info on this. If they were actual Nazis and not just posers, it would give a lot of insight into the personality of the characters. That is what makes the awesome shows stand out from the mediocre ones; character development and adept screenwriting.

The social stresses that a vampire goes through is just amazing to me. Our lifespans run from 70-90 years; and we do not have to deal with seeing the course of history turned on its side. It brings up the question, can you teach an old dog new tricks? Take Bill for example; born and raised in the deep south in its antebellum heyday. He was a soldier for the Confederacy. Now he has to re-adjust not only to his supernatural state; but constantly re-invent himself to 'fit in with the times'.

Putting the obvious shortcomings and fallacies of being a Nazi aside, I could totally believe that Eric would go that route. They were a powerful political force with little sentiment or regard for religion, tolerance or compromise. Plus, from a physical perspective, Eric fits their ideal specimen of man. Being a Nazi would serve well to satisfy his vanity and ego. Sort of makes you wonder about the true nature of evil.

But Godric being a Nazi; now that is a bit of a stretch...and since the two of them were like Dr. Frankenstein and Igor, they could have very well been posers all along!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times
Anyone else disturbed by the final scene with Bill and Lorena? I know it is supposed to represent Bill's loss of his humanity and his dispear, anguish, and anger over the theft of his humanity and his loss of his love of Sookie, however I thought what he did with Lorena was totally over the top and kinda disgusting. I love this show but sometimes I feel like they do things for the obvious shock value. We didn't have to see someone's head done Exorcist style to understand what's going on. What do you think?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
I'm curious to know if the Bill/Lorena scene is portrayed according to the book or different? The scene was kinda disturbing until (ahem) 'the twist'. Then it's clear to me that it's only a doll so I wasn't bothered by it anymore.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Anyone else disturbed by the final scene with Bill and Lorena? I know it is supposed to represent Bill's loss of his humanity and his dispear, anguish, and anger over the theft of his humanity and his loss of his love of Sookie, however I thought what he did with Lorena was totally over the top and kinda disgusting. I love this show but sometimes I feel like they do things for the obvious shock value. We didn't have to see someone's head done Exorcist style to understand what's going on. What do you think?
You are not alone. It is all over Facebook that it is now considered to be one of the most shocking sex scenes from television ever.

I did not read the books, so I can't compare. As gross as the scene was, I think it was a good tool to show that vampires are not just humans with a blood fetish and have the potential to take EVERYTHING to the monsterous extreme (including sex). Personally I get a bit irritated by vampires who mimick humans too much (ehem...'Edward'....ehem 'Alice'.... ).

HBO wouldn't waste time with Alan Ball if he wasn't going to shock people. It's sooo good for ratings!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:40 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times
It was a shocking scene, but I don't think it was any worse than some of the mass sex scenes with the whole maryann plot line last season. those orgies were pretty extreme and shocking.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Yes, the scene between Bill and Lorena was very disturbing. I do hope they keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

Okay, did anyone else giggle just a bit when Eric said (to Sookie), "Oh, dear, I got your rug all wet," or was I the only one thought that the naughty innuendo was just too funny? (;

Speaking of which, I like Eric when he is blond[er]. Also, there doesn't seem to be as much chemistry between Eric and Sookie this season; Eric is definitely being portrayed as a kinder, softer vamp, while Bill (it would seem) is turning into the more vicious vamp [that Eric was last season]. I don't like the kinder, gentler Eric; I like the funnier, more menacing Eric that refers to children as "tiny humans."

I also don't like that the storyline is becoming way too similar to that of Twilight (i.e. the one-human-two-supernatural-beings love triangle in which one supernatural/vamp being rescinds his mortal love in order to protect her--Ughhh!)

The bodyguard is a werewolf. I don't find him attractive at all--too generic and obviously handsome for my taste.

One of my other favorite lines was the new British vamp referring to Jessica as a "baby vampire." And speaking of no chemistry, him and Tara...?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV