Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
I have a friend who will not watch the show because she has heard so much about how much different it is from the books.

I on the other hand love that the show is such a huge departure from the books. It let's each week be such a surprise! To me, the only thing that is the same as the books is the location and the names of the characters. Everything else is so different so I just roll with it.

My favorite book is book 4 - "Dead to the World". Fell deeply in love with Eric in that book. Couldn't stand Bill. The show makes Bill so endearing with his tortured expressions that at times I find him annoying.
Book 4 is also my favorite.

I started by watching the TV show and then read the books. I like that the TV show doesn't stick to the books because then there is always something new in it. I only hope Debbie is just as mean on the TV show as she is in the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
I have a question for those of you who have read Charlaine Harris' books. I went to her website and there are eight books in the series right now. Does she keep writing books (will there be a book #9) or has she just written the eight books and then stopped like Stephenie Meyer did with the Twilight series?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Must not be an updated website as is there a #9, and #10 is out as well.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:58 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I have a question for those of you who have read Charlaine Harris' books. I went to her website and there are eight books in the series right now. Does she keep writing books (will there be a book #9) or has she just written the eight books and then stopped like Stephenie Meyer did with the Twilight series?
How about we rephrase that as "eight books and then stopped like JK Rowling did with the Harry Potter series?"

Yes, I think that's much better.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:50 AM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
I haven't looked at her website but I believe Dead in The Family is the most recent one that came out in May, I just finished reading it.

I have a feeling there are more books to come. The way Dead in The Family ended seems like there is more to tell.

The "Dead books" (as my almost 5 year old likes to call them). Although really fun books, are really quite short and fast reads.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,675 times
Interesting episode tonight. Next weeks episode looks like another good one, from the previews.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:47 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
Yes, I was mistaken, there are ten books right now. Guess I know what to ask for for my upcoming birthday present from my fam.
Last nights epi was intense! Can't wait to watch next week, and the week after.....

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,744,693 times
Spoiler alert:

aw man, can't believe Franklin got his head smashed in

Old 07-26-2010, 07:07 AM

947 posts, read 3,140,637 times
Tara stepped up big time last night!!! Alcide to the rescue!!! Can't wait until next week. I wonder when Sookie is going to meetup with her Cousin Hadley - the Queens lover.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,781,122 times
I watched last night's episode with my Mom. It was a hoot because I love this season, and hated the last one -- while she thinks the opposite.

What was wild was when they showed Gus guarding Sookie's room, she blurted out, "That guy looks like Patrick Swayze." She had no idea that was his real-life brother! In fact, she didn't believe me when I told her until we got to the credits. Kudos to you Mom!

Ok, I'm sorry, but it was pretty shocking to see Alcide as a white werewolf. I mean.....really?

Somehow I don't think Franklin is dead. Look at what Bill went through in the 1st season (where he was burned like a crispy critter) and he still survived. Also, it is pretty obvious that Bill is going to survive Lorena's murder effort too. So it is pretty apparent that these vampires are pretty resilient!

Speaking of Lorena...can someone just take her out already? She's too much of a drama queen and the most annoying vampire on that entire show. She reminds me of the girls in school who always tried too hard for friends. No one likes you....get a clue already!

Speaking of annoying, I am finding Sookie pretty darn annoying this season. I don't know what it is. She's like motor-mouth supreme...but she doesn't seem to say anything worthwhile. Maybe it is just me....but she seems totally out of control and irrational this season. The worst was when Eric was taking her to the library...and she just kept talking, and talking.

I'm upset that Layfayette's new boy toy got mad at him! I hope they make-up...I feel that Lafayette (like Tara) has constantly gotten the short-end of the stick and SOMETHING should go his way for once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV