Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 11:13 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,756,787 times

Advertisements

This is an awesome show. I watched the first episode last night.

It sort of reminds me of home... without the vampires and all, I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 03:06 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,183,772 times
They need to have Jonathan Frid as a guest star!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,149,252 times
Have you seen the affiliated American Vampire League website? American Vampire League

I didn't know Geico was a vampire friendly brand? Harley Davidson, I could believe.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,417,663 times
Yay!! TrueBlood is ba-a-ack! Though wasn't so impressed with the 1st episode of the 2nd season.

The song is hawt.. someone's already posted the opening credits so here's the full song:

YouTube - Jace Everett - Bad Things

Old 06-22-2009, 08:45 AM

127 posts, read 500,001 times
I just can't get enough of this show!!!! Every time i ends I'm always saying 'Nooooo' lol Another great episode last night...can't wait to see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,126,246 times
I accidently DVR'd it in Spanish!! I was so bummed, but they put them up on Demand really quickly so I finally watched it at 2 am. LOL
Thoughts on what is going to happen to Lafayette? Or Jessica's family? No book spoilers, please!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 AM

9,762 posts, read 3,417,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I accidently DVR'd it in Spanish!! I was so bummed, but they put them up on Demand really quickly so I finally watched it at 2 am. LOL
Thoughts on what is going to happen to Lafayette? Or Jessica's family? No book spoilers, please!
Well.. the Lafayette storyline is totally off the charts as it no longer follows the plot in the book. And.. Jessica's family. I don't think this was covered in the book at all but I think I can guess what'll happen there.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Michell Forbes plays Maryann in TB. She was great in Star Trek NG, and fabulous in Battle Star Galactica as Admiral Cain!
She is what is called a "Maenad", a follower of Dionysus, greek god of wine.
Maenad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

scoot down and you will see a reference to TB. enjoy!
Thanks, I checked out your link. I still have the Encyclopedia of Mythology, but just has brief descriptions. Pan is believed to be the son of Dionysus. I now see the connection. How do you like Eric's new haircut? The scene where Bill was shopping for his teen charge was pretty funny.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I read Harris' first book and it's not my style of writing. As a vamp, it will be interesting to see if Lafayette goes after Jason. That dungeon scene with Lafayette was really kind of disgusting. But, I'm hooked on True Blood. IMHO, I don't think Bill killed the family. It would put another strain on his relationship with Sookie. Sookie needs to stop blaming herself for turning Jessica into a vampire. She was forced to identify the thief and what was Bill supposed to do? Mary Ann is surely going to threaten Sookie for offering to share her house with Tara.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Well.. the Lafayette storyline is totally off the charts as it no longer follows the plot in the book. And.. Jessica's family. I don't think this was covered in the book at all but I think I can guess what'll happen there.
I love the Lafayette drama last night - the whole basement leg scene was awesome. So Bill is pissy at Sookie - he'll get over it. Maybe now he'll be fine with Eric will take Sookie to Dallas - that should be a fun trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV