Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,020,498 times

Advertisements

OOOOOOOORRRRRRR, Eric could be sending these to Sookie. The blood connection might make it possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 PM

111 posts, read 235,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Maybe its because the guy in the baement is dead and gone?

Dunno, but its an interesting question.

As for those who are fans of the books, remember Dexter on showtime started out similarly. They strayed from the book story line of Dexter though, as his creator got kind of weird with him. Perhaps HBO is doing the same with True Blood. Maybe they didn't like where the characters were going in the books, so they've taken them in their own path. After all, Lafayette was supposed to be dead already from all I've heard of the books.
New season of Dexter starts on 9/27. Makes me feel a bit better about True Blood ending on the 13th.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:57 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,155,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Could it possible be the intestine of one of the sacrificial animals Marianne instructed Karl to obtain?
Nope...I'm sorry to say it was the guy sitting in the sink's intestines. Remember that old guy on the floor who asked Sookie if she is enjoying the smell of death?

Seems Marianne's initial orgy-party atmosphere has gone off the deep end. The house is in shambles and it is starting look more like the bowels of hell. Cutting off fingers, pulling out intestines and then whatever that old guy was doing on the floor.

The party is clearly over.

On the On Demand part of HBO where you can watch True Blood episodes, there is a new show to watch with the cast at the annual Comicon convention. Marianne is shown answering the question about why she chose the role and she said, "when someone approaches you with a part in a series and tells you that your very first scene will be you naked standing in the middle of the road with a pig, you take it." I thought that was funny.

And while I hate to jump into the "he's hot" conversation, let me just say that I take back my initial impression of Bill. Take off his white makeup and fluff up his hair, he's a hottie! Plus he gets bonus points for the British accent. Not sure why they don't make him look as good as a vampire as he does in real life.

***********SPOILER ALERT (though it shouldn't come as a suprise)...I'll put it in white font:*************

Maryanne will be killed off and according to the cast members, it's a group effort. She isn't killed by just one person.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I remember the age of the vampire has something to do with power.
That's probably true, but remember Godric's death? Sookie asked him if he was scared and he replied something like, "I'm an old vampire so it shouldn't take long."

I wonder if the vampires are actually stronger as they age or if they are just given more respect?

Lorena (Bill's maker?) was able to take over Bill pretty easily in the hotel room in Dallas but she clearly backed down when Godric grabbed her and told her to "retract her fangs" (another great line).

Old 09-03-2009, 04:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,126,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Nope...I'm sorry to say it was the guy sitting in the sink's intestines. Remember that old guy on the floor who asked Sookie if she is enjoying the smell of death?

Seems Marianne's initial orgy-party atmosphere has gone off the deep end. The house is in shambles and it is starting look more like the bowels of hell. Cutting off fingers, pulling out intestines and then whatever that old guy was doing on the floor.

On the On Demand part of HBO where you can watch True Blood episodes, there is a new show to watch with the cast at the annual Comicon convention. Marianne is shown answering the question about why she chose the role and she said, "when someone approaches you with a part in a series and tells you that your very first scene will be you naked standing in the middle of the road with a pig, you take it." I thought that was funny.

And while I hate to jump into the "he's hot" conversation, let me just say that I take back my initial impression of Bill. Take off his white makeup and fluff up his hair, he's a hottie! Plus he gets bonus points for the British accent. Not sure why they don't make him look as good as a vampire as he does in real life.

***********SPOILER ALERT (though it shouldn't come as a suprise)...I'll put it in white font:*************.
I'm afraid to read the spoiler! But, I watched the Comicon thingy and I agree with you. Especially the accent.

Totally going to the happy place in my head about the intestines before I start to sound like Jason and wonder how one pulls out ones own intestines.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times
Quote:
I wonder if it's based on the strength of the vampire blood. Eric is a high ranking vamp compared to the guy in the basement. His blood may be more powerful.
On edit: I remember the age of the vampire has something to do with power.
That vampire Eddy is dead also maybe that has something to do with it as well

Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,704,888 times
Quote:
That's probably true, but remember Godric's death? Sookie asked him if he was scared and he replied something like, "I'm an old vampire so it shouldn't take long."

I wonder if the vampires are actually stronger as they age or if they are just given more respect?

Lorena (Bill's maker?) was able to take over Bill pretty easily in the hotel room in Dallas but she clearly backed down when Godric grabbed her and told her to "retract her fangs" (another great line).
I wondered about that as well. I know very old vampires feed less, but, they are very strong like Bill's maker is stronger than Bill even though she is a woman.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm afraid to read the spoiler! But, I watched the Comicon thingy and I agree with you. Especially the accent.

Totally going to the happy place in my head about the intestines before I start to sound like Jason and wonder how one pulls out ones own intestines.
I agree. LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 07:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Quote:

***********SPOILER ALERT (though it shouldn't come as a suprise)...I'll put it in white font:*************

Maryanne will be killed off and according to the cast members, it's a group effort. She isn't killed by just one person.
Thanks for being considerate and hiding your spoiler alert. Some of us don't want to know and not interested in the book. Me, too. Many questions to ponder. I agree about Bill being hot offstage. I like the civil war era southern gentlemen language style Bill uses in TB. Maybe Eric's Scandinavian skin tone takes better to the vamp makeup. LOL.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for being considerate and hiding your spoiler alert. Some of us don't want to know and not interested in the book. Me, too. Many questions to ponder. I agree about Bill being hot offstage. I like the civil war era southern gentlemen language style Bill uses in TB. Maybe Eric's Scandinavian skin tone takes better to the vamp makeup. LOL.
Actually, I saw the Spoiler alert blip that I posted above on E! The actress who plays Maryanne said it was a great ending...whatever that means. Probably lots of blood and guts and a big time death scene. I will be out of town on that night so I have the DVR poised and ready.

Wonder what next season will bring. Should be a good one. I haven't read the books so I've got NO idea.

I also didn't know (and realized from the Comicon show) that there is a huge group of people who want Tara and Sam to get together. I didn't see anything to lead me to believe that is a possibility, but perhaps in season 1 they implied they were interested in each other? I gotta admit I'm not a fan of Eggs so perhaps something CAN happen with Tara and Sam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV