Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Peacock Network has announced that for the month of January, Chuck, Life, and Heroes will not be seen. They'll be back in February. So you're wondering, what's going to replace these shows for the month? Some exciting new action show? A searing drama? A laugh-out-loud comedy?

Well...no.

Instead we're going to get two new reality shows! One of them is called Superstars of Dance and is hopefully self-explanatory. Momma's Boys is a new dating reality show from Ryan Seacrest. All that power to produce what he wants and he gives us that? Life's time slot will be taken up by repeats of Law and Order: SVU.
What I don't get is how ANYONE watches any of these so-called "reality" shows, especially the dating ones.

Just like how people choose to watch "The Real Housewives" over a much more intelligent, less vapid, scripted program. How can you do that?

1 minute of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" or "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or another one of those "let's follow the fake lives of really rich people with no intellectual or personal qualities whatsoever" shows makes my head hurt and I cannot understand how anyone would ever want to watch that crap.

And do we really need another stupid dancing show? We have "Dancing with the Stars", "So you think you can Dance", "America's best dance crew" and some others I can't think of.

Chuck is a really good show that is only getting better. Heroes has had some hiccups, but it's hitting its stride once again and should be hurt quite a bit in the ratings if this hiatus remains. Simply pathetic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
What I don't get is how ANYONE watches any of these so-called "reality" shows, especially the dating ones.

Just like how people choose to watch "The Real Housewives" over a much more intelligent, less vapid, scripted program. How can you do that?

1 minute of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" or "Keeping up with the Kardashians" or another one of those "let's follow the fake lives of really rich people with no intellectual or personal qualities whatsoever" shows makes my head hurt and I cannot understand how anyone would ever want to watch that crap.

And do we really need another stupid dancing show? We have "Dancing with the Stars", "So you think you can Dance", "America's best dance crew" and some others I can't think of.

Chuck is a really good show that is only getting better. Heroes has had some hiccups, but it's hitting its stride once again and should be hurt quite a bit in the ratings if this hiatus remains. Simply pathetic...

I have been boycotting NBC ever since they cancelled "Surface".

Old 11-26-2008, 01:39 PM

10,063 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Looks like NBC is trying to cut costs. Reality shows are cheap, cheap, cheap to produce.

Sadly, many networks are forcing awful reality shows down our throats. The only reality shows I enjoy any more are Survivor (always), Project Runway, and the Amazing Race occasionally. All these others are cheap imitations, or simply bad.

I prefer regular programming to reality shows. I think there will be a backlash in a couple of years....ratings will plummet I bet.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:55 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,593 times
The only show I watch with any regularity is Chuck, love that show. Stupid NBC.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:13 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
As if we need more reason to see the sleazeball known as Ryan Seacrest.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:07 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
As if we need more reason to see the sleazeball known as Ryan Seacrest.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Doesn't LOST come back on ABC in January?

That might go a long way to explaining NBC's January schedule. Given their current crop of ho-hum programming, they may actually be smart enough to not to try to compete with LOST.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I'm all for having another dance show!!! Bring it on!

Old 11-26-2008, 04:53 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
FYI: LIFE (NBC's best show) did get a full-season order.

January tends to be dead air for a lot of networks. This is really no big deal.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:16 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I have been boycotting NBC ever since they cancelled "Surface".
I really enjoyed that show. I can't believe they cancelled Surface. I have been boycotting the Scifi channel since they cancelled The Dresden Files. Now all what Scifi has are crappy re-runs of shows and then stupid reality shows. Thats it. Nothing good like the dresden files. I really liked that show.
And on a personal note. I enjoy the real housewifes and I also enjoy first class all the way. They are the only reality tv shows I watch other than Ramseys kitchen and its me or the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV