Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 AM

139 posts, read 315,040 times

Advertisements

Does anyone watch this one? Series 6 starts Friday on Channel 4 at 10pm. I'm soooo excited!!!!

Mark and Jez are absolutely hysterical.

YouTube - Peep Show - Series 6 - Promo 1 - 50/50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWnqhYmJlg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,769,167 times
Yeah,im a huge fan.
I bought the whole series from the UK,although it was a little expensive.
Only Series 1 is available in US.The show is one of my fave shows of all time.
It goes a little too far sometimes but its one of the funniest shows i have ever seen!
I wonder if the new EP's will pop up on Youtube.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM

I think it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. They definitely take it too far sometimes, but in a way, that's the beauty of it. It's crazy how the UK tv doesn't censor like the US does.

I was able to watch all of season 1 on youtube back in the US...then I may have possibly downloaded the others. God I can't wait till Friday!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 AM

208 posts, read 469,729 times
Never have seen it but I will definitly have to check it out since UK sitcoms are some of the best.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic. View Post
Never have seen it but I will definitly have to check it out since UK sitcoms are some of the best.
Oh, it's quality!
Mark is an uptight guy who works for JLB credit and is just generally dorky and Jez is a wannabe musician who is unemployed and basically a life fail. The two originally became friends in university and somehow ended up living together outside of London in Mark's flat, after Jez was kicked out by his girlfriend.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 AM

116 posts, read 256,070 times
Default I love Peep Show!

I'm really glad to see this show has fans over in America. It is amazingly funny, and the good thing is the series have got better and better and unlike a lot of British comedies, they didn't stop after 2/3 series. I'm interested to know though where you think they went 'too far', because I tell you a lot lot lot worse things are shown on British TV haha
Anyway, the show has a huge cult following in the UK and the critics love it. Shame about its lack of exposure in the US but maybe it wouldn't be successful. Do you think this is true? Is it too British or something?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,680,717 times
i watched 4 seasons of it when i was in england for an extended period of time this spring. i love it, although there are points where it got too grim (and i was in england for a grim reason so that kind of compounded it).

everyone i've shown it to has liked it, but i hang out with weirdos.

i don't think it could be shown on network tv or even on bbc america, but it would be great if it was picked up on hbo or something like that. it might be a bit too british for the u.s. mainstream - there are a lot of references and terms ("this crack is really more-ish!") that aren't well known here. knowing the u.s. entertainment industry, at some point there will probably be a bland, sanitized sitcom remake of it for the u.s., a la men behaving badly.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Omg just found this show a couple weeks ago on Netflix! Already watched all 7 seasons. Soooo hilarious!!!!

My bf and I were sad we can't watch the 8th season yet here in the U.S. But then we randomly found "That Mitchell and Webb Look" (also on Netflix) and were like,
"Marrrrk! Jez! Yesss!!"

We were in stitches last night over this! It was like watching a British Chappelle Show. lol

Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
It may get removed/blocked at any moment...(shhh , don't tell anybody)...but as of right this second, s8-currently airing in UK-is posted on YT (they're up to ep. 3 this week).
Robert Webb was also in the mordant ensemble Britcom (no laugh track) "The Smoking Room" from a few years back-I thought it was totally brilliant (though of course, not to everyone's taste).
David Mitchell is one of my favorite panelists when he's appeared on Stephen Fry's quasi-game show "QI", he also had small role in the UK comedy/drama show "Jam & Jerusalem" aka "Clatterford" (offputting titles, but pretty good program).

Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,864,340 times
I tried the show out and just couldn't get into it. The lead guy is just so unattractive. I need a little eye candy to keep my attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV