Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiraceytheorist View Post
But where do you think Nadia got the idea? Yes she was irresponsible but we all have to admit. She is a loving woman who unfortunately isn't playing with a full deck, she saw the show and figured I could do the same thing. Nadia loves kids and she figured by having more she would get money to raise them by getting a show of her own.
And you feel sorry for her for that? She made her own bad decisions. Now she has to live with it.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossa View Post
The Duggars only do specials,they are'nt on in front of the the cameras like the 8 (gosselins). Michelle Duggar homeschools her children,plus teaches them home economics such as cleaning and cooking. If thats not enough all her kids have a musical talent. Shes a very busy mom,unlike Kate who whines to Jon that he just can't seem to do anything right including breathing. I have to say I did watch Monday night and I for one think this reality show has run its course. I feel very sad for the kids cause the parents are selfish and really do not have the kids best interest at heart. As for Kevin and Jody, Kudos, finally someone is speaking up about this couple. If people don't like it too bad,at least they had the balls to speak up. I have a feeling mom and dad (kates parents will start speaking) that ought to be interesting. The nanny could be lying,to keep her job. Kevin and Jody have nothing to loose, and if they got paid good. They have 5 kids to feed and clothe too.
Not true. The Duggers have a weekly show called 18 kids and counting.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
I just watched the show (recorded it) and it seems to me like Jon resents being at home with the kids all the time while Kate is out being a celebrity. He also might not be cut out for full-time child care. I have twins, and I know, it can be a challenge with just two toddlers. Combine that with how Kate is bossy toward him, and I think he wants out. I doubt he ever wanted to try for the "third kid" either. She seemed like she wanted to work it out, and he seemed like he's done with the whole thing. Kate came across as more "human", Jon seemed very cold.

Very sad - maybe they married too young. Who knows, but I think it's over for them.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:07 PM

90 posts, read 177,074 times
Jon wanted out last season and she didn't really give him a choice, she wanted to do another season and she went ahead with it. She said last night that she is out "working and travelling". Anybody that has children don't even have time to wash their face in the morning and she is traveling? If she calls that work, hey, I guess what I'm doing going to work is vacation? Those crocodile tears she had last night (since I had TLC removed from my channel listing), I decided to go to a friend's house to see the episode and was not impressed with her at all. Jon was cold but he has had enough.

When she was in the park and was amazed to see that the paparazzi were there she couldn't believe it. Well, she had a B-day party for the sextuplets the week before at home. Wasn't that enough? Nope, she had to go to a park to make sure that everyone sees her. She doesn't take the kids into consideration at all. Also, when she went shopping with the kids, she said she doesn't want the kids to say "paparazzi" but call them the "P people" when the kids noticed them around. She said she doesn't want them to go to school and tell their classmates that they are followed by paparazzi. The kids are now 5 and understand. They tell their classmates/friends. Is this what she wants for her kids?

Last I checked a busy mom doesn't have time to write books, travel, have hair (which that hairdo has got to go she looks like a half-plucked chicken), makeup, manicures, tanning, etc. done. A real mom has no time for all those luxuries. Kate is at fault in all this. Jon didn't want kids right away and she did and she did what Kate wants. I really feel for the kids but have no sympathy for Kate. She got herself into this mess and now it is up to her to deal with it.

I would never subject my children or anyone else's for that matter to be followed day in and day out by the media. What happened to good old-fashioned taking care of your kids without being in the spotlight and being there for you kids at all costs? I have no respect for Kate. She did not take her husband's feelings about the show into consideration. I guess she was blinded by dollar signs which seems to be her main focus.

She also said last night that she was upset that the kids called her by the babysitter's name. Well what does she expect if she is not around most of the time for them? Jon was taking care of the kids for the past 2 years so that she could go and flaunt her face on TV and public? I know Jon is fed up and I can't blame him.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:28 PM

She also said last night that Jon has done some things that are unacceptable to her. As if she hasn't done things unacceptable to Jon? She was putting the blame all on him which is unfair since she had a lot to do with it. She said she is mad with the stories out there about her and what is happening. Who brought this on? Answer: Kate. This show needs to be taken off the air.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM

Then Kate also was complaining that she had to organize the B-day party all by herself because Jon said he needed time to himself and took the weekend off. If he helped with the party the week before at their home why should he be helping with the 2nd B-day party. She kept whining that she was doing it by herself and was tired. Oh poor baby, having to organize a party was taking too much out of her while she had a maid cleaning and a nanny. This really makes her tired. Well, if Jon is always taking care of the kids while she is running around for publicity, good for Jon taking the weekend off to have some time to himself and to have her deal with the kids for a change.

Kate is a spoiled brat. She has forgotten what it's like to be a normal human being. I now understand why she has no family contacts anymore with her family and friends. Good for Jody for shedding some light to the public about what is happening. Kate can't blame anyone but herself for the splitting up of her marriage. She would not be in this situation if she would have put her family priorities first.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM

26 posts, read 62,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
And you feel sorry for her for that? She made her own bad decisions. Now she has to live with it.
I don't feel bad for any of these families or single moms who make a decision to have a lot of kids. My beef is as I have always said that tv is not a place to raise kids. I have always said that shows like Jon and Kate have put stupid ideas in the heads of some people. It is not in the best interest of these kids to have all this attention whether it is good or bad. I have always said the kids are the ones who will suffer. Jon on last night show said all the attention and lack of privacy is taking a toll on him and he can't take it. He's an adult, how do you think the kids are handling it. The scenes at the party were quite disturbing to me. You could have cut the tension with a knife and I'm sure the Kids felt it. It's time Kate come back down to earth and do what is her primary job, taking care of these kids. By that I don't mean as some have say, continue the show to rack in more money. The price of that money is to high for the kids to pay. Show like that should only be done with people who a choise i.e. adults.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I was hoping this show would go on as it had for the first four seasons...a happy family struggling with the daily difficulties of raising a family. Of course, television has a way of turning everything into something it was never intended to be nor something that is even real.

I have to say that Jon and Kate are more at fault than the media is for this whole thing. They were NEVER mentioned in tabloids and among gossip circles until they bought that $1.3 million dollar mansion. When they were in their average suburban home just making it by, they seemed to live a pretty normal life. Then they gave the media more to feed on by displaying the troubles of their marriage by going out and being seen with other people. What did they expect? They could have stayed out of the media if they just gave them nothing to talk about. Average families are boring (and that is what they resembled early on in the show). When they decided to go beyond average, the media had things to write and thus they became a sensation.

They are completely at fault and I wish they would try to use a little more common sense in the decisions they make. Obviously buying a mansion gives something to talk about. Obviously all night clubbing gives something to talk about. Come on people.

But, they did not buy the house, it was given to them free and furnished by the sponsors. No mortgage nor debts.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
But, they did not buy the house, it was given to them free and furnished by the sponsors. No mortgage nor debts.
I don't think that is true. Kate said in an interview that they have a mortgage. I think the solar panels were free, the washer and dryer, but not the whole house.

Where did you read/hear that they had a b-day party at home first, then the one that was filmed? I hadn't heard that. I did wonder why, with all that land, they had the party at a park instead of at their house behind their gate.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiraceytheorist View Post
I don't feel bad for any of these families or single moms who make a decision to have a lot of kids. My beef is as I have always said that tv is not a place to raise kids. I have always said that shows like Jon and Kate have put stupid ideas in the heads of some people. It is not in the best interest of these kids to have all this attention whether it is good or bad. I have always said the kids are the ones who will suffer. Jon on last night show said all the attention and lack of privacy is taking a toll on him and he can't take it. He's an adult, how do you think the kids are handling it. The scenes at the party were quite disturbing to me. You could have cut the tension with a knife and I'm sure the Kids felt it. It's time Kate come back down to earth and do what is her primary job, taking care of these kids. By that I don't mean as some have say, continue the show to rack in more money. The price of that money is to high for the kids to pay. Show like that should only be done with people who a choise i.e. adults.
That is the fault of the stupid people who watch a show like that and think high order multiples is something to try for. There are sex- sep- even octuplets in the world now and everyone knows that. Anyone who thinks it is a good idea to have them is out of their mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV