Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiraceytheorist View Post
I've just been watching access Hollywood and a body language interpreter looked at last nights show and said there are clear signs that Jon has already decide on a different route. He's done.
He stretched his legs out in one solo interview which indicated to me that there has been considerable stress but he has resolved some of his own issues.

A rerun of apple picking/pumpkins aired earlier today. Kate was shrill at points and insisted on cleaning up the pumpkin carving mess before everyone had finished. Day after day that has to wear anyone down.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
Not to defend either one of them because they are both at fault. In the past weeks Jon hasn't been on every magazine cover or done several shows Kate has. When the Travolta;s loss there son they got out of the public eye to deal with family issues. I guess Kate thought going into the public eye more would do what..?

Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 PM

26 posts, read 62,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Not to defend either one of them because they are both at fault. In the past weeks Jon hasn't been on every magazine cover or done several shows Kate has. When the Travolta;s loss there son they got out of the public eye to deal with family issues. I guess Kate thought going into the public eye more would do what..?
Being a biased Jon supporter, He has been to trying to get his story out there since Kate has been focused on as the celebrity in the family. What ever he says will be over shadowed by he on the show by Kate. He has never been allow to speak his mind on the show, he's seeking other avenues to vent. Jon is not an angel but he is a human male trying to cope with the situation he's been trust into. So although I think he is wrong in the way he handled it, I can understand it. Kate on the other hand I don't understand!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Kate has only voluntarily been on one cover lately (People). The others were paparazzi pictures. I think Kate's appearances on talk shows were scheduled to promote her book and the show, not because of the rumors.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
It was in the People's magazine and she also said it on one of the shows she was being interviewed on. She said that a B-day party was celebrated the day of their birthday and that another one would be held for the show season opener. That's Kate for you. The reason she had a party in the park was to get media attention AGAIN. Never putting her kids first, always putting herself first.
I can't believe I'm defending Kate but TLC wants to show the tup's birthday parties. So since the series startd, they ALWAYS have 2 birthday parties. One private, one for TV. I agree Kate likes the media attention, but in this case it was TLC that insisted on showing the kids birthday and I for one am glad the family can celebrate privately first, then a big party for the show.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,562 times
Quote:
It about time someone else other than Kate does some whining. Jon as you seem to forget had a well paying IT job. He supported the family until the took off and Kate's head swelled up with the Idea of being a celebrity. Jon had to quite his job to take care of the kids so his wife could go gallivanting being a celebrity. For two years he was the primary care of 8 small kids so I think he deserve a little bit of slack since he was doing everything. Evan with the hired help it is still a lot of work. I applaud this for his strength in putting up with the abuse, whining and put downs from Kate.

oh my join the poor john group--obviously you group members must all have supportive men in your life---where do you think the money jon uses to buy his new car and take out his female friends come from---read his employer evals to see what a good provider he was!!!!!

do you all know by your being there off camera whether or not he treated her in an abusive manner-----thank goodness all you kate bashers are not marriage counselors(least i hope not!)

Old 05-27-2009, 04:16 AM

26 posts, read 62,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
oh my join the poor john group--obviously you group members must all have supportive men in your life---where do you think the money jon uses to buy his new car and take out his female friends come from---read his employer evals to see what a good provider he was!!!!!

do you all know by your being there off camera whether or not he treated her in an abusive manner-----thank goodness all you kate bashers are not marriage counselors(least i hope not!)
If knowing what's right and wrong to have a successful relationship makes me a Kate basher thnen I'm guilty. A relationship is based on mutual respect and support. not Kate's constant put downs berating.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I just watched the show (recorded it) and it seems to me like Jon resents being at home with the kids all the time while Kate is out being a celebrity. He also might not be cut out for full-time child care.
Agreed. Jon had a full time job that she talked him into quitting. He probably felt more respectable as a working father bringing home the bacon.

Quote:
She seemed like she wanted to work it out, and he seemed like he's done with the whole thing. Kate came across as more "human", Jon seemed very cold.
It doesn't seem to me like she wants to work anything out except be catered to and have people obey her. I can understand why Jon is cold, she has progressively gotten worse and worse with the embarrassing way she treated him on camera. Only God knows how she acted off camera.

Quote:
Very sad - maybe they married too young. Who knows, but I think it's over for them.
I think that they were ok, and they would have been ok (obviously there is no such thing as a perfect marriage) if it weren't for the show, and how becoming a celebrity went straight to Kate's head.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
It about time someone else other than Kate does some whining. Jon as you seem to forget had a well paying IT job. He supported the family until the took off and Kate's head swelled up with the Idea of being a celebrity. Jon had to quite his job to take care of the kids so his wife could go gallivanting being a celebrity. For two years he was the primary care of 8 small kids so I think he deserve a little bit of slack since he was doing everything. Evan with the hired help it is still a lot of work. I applaud this for his strength in putting up with the abuse, whining and put downs from Kate.
Jon's "IT Job" was working with Jodi's husband IIRC. Once the gum incident aired, he had no job.

FWIW, Jon can go work outside of the home if he wants; he chooses not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post

I've said it before, Jon was just as guilty of treating Kate like crap & in fact, one episode that ran over the weekend he was pretty wicked.

It's not like Jon doesn't stand up to her when she says something, he's not a weak, little man that needs to be protected. He cleaned up his attitude in front of the cameras. Who knows how he is when they are off?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:08 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,496,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Jon's "IT Job" was working with Jodi's husband IIRC. Once the gum incident aired, he had no job.

FWIW, Jon can go work outside of the home if he wants; he chooses not to.

I've said it before, Jon was just as guilty of treating Kate like crap & in fact, one episode that ran over the weekend he was pretty wicked.

It's not like Jon doesn't stand up to her when she says something, he's not a weak, little man that needs to be protected. He cleaned up his attitude in front of the cameras. Who knows how he is when they are off?
Roselvr, I think you have commented on other occasions about J & K's style of communication which is rather typical of the 20 something generation--at any rate they seemed to be direct with each other.

There also seemed to be a lot of competitiveness in the relationship --'I did this and you didn't do that'.

It is honestly beyond me.

I think it is more socially acceptable to discuss the 'peripheral' issues--working outside the home, etc --than to get down to the bare facts.
jmo--They are sick and tired of each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV