Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times

Advertisements

I will miss that show, although it got so preachy this season that sometimes it got in the way. Where else can you see such delicious political incorrectness on TV? I hope William Shattner is in something else soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,833,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I will miss that show, although it got so preachy this season that sometimes it got in the way. Where else can you see such delicious political incorrectness on TV? I hope William Shattner is in something else soon.
Fixing to be 78 years old, better be careful, or it'll be a coffin. But with his Mad Cow, he'd probably forget to die and just bypass the whole thing. I too will miss the show, I saw an old episode of something that James Spader was in, wow, has his face ballooned.

Anyway, Im glad those two China dudes didn't end the series on the balcony, that would have been sacrilege, unless of course, while Denny and Alan are coming back to Boston, maybe Denny was flying the plane that due to his "Mad cow" it just flew right into the balcony, then, yes, the show could have ended, Denny and Alan would still be the last ones on the balcony.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,153,975 times
Remember how the Japanese bought Newhart's Hotel?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:09 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,600,063 times
We'll miss Boston Legal too; it was one of our favorite shows. The interplay between Denny Crane/Alan Shore reminded me of the old Kirk/Spock and Spock/McCoy characters on the original Star Trek!

I liked the Denny/Alan marriage ending. And as usual, there was food for thought in that entire premise; indeed, why not? The government has no business meddling in the reasons behind why two people get married; and the existing laws simply permit same-sex marriages.... they don't say it only applies to marriages between homosexuals.

Also, it's about time Jerry had a relationship with an emotionally normal woman! Great ending written there, IMO.

When you come to think of it, almost any other ending to the Denny/Alan relationship would have had to be either tragic (plane crash? not getting the Alzheimers meds? car crash?) or too pat and predictable (unexpected guardian angel person descends and saves the firm from the Evil Chinese Buyers, thus allowing Denny and Alan to keep sitting on that balcony together indefinitely).

"Nemo Bay Legal" spinoff on a cable channel, anyone?

Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,928,776 times
I just had to read this thread didn't I? I don't know if a spoiler warning would've stopped me but still...
I haven't watched it in a little while, and I think Oz is a bit behind the U.S episodes. Oh well.
*throws confetti and walks off into the door*

Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
I just had to read this thread didn't I? I don't know if a spoiler warning would've stopped me but still...
I haven't watched it in a little while, and I think Oz is a bit behind the U.S episodes. Oh well.
*throws confetti and walks off into the door*
oz?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,724 times
I thought the ending was dorky, too. But like another poster said, the season kept going downhill. Things got more & more unrealistic. (yeah, it's TV, so I know it's not real!). Stuff that happened in court rooms people would never get away with in real life. One of the things I'll really miss about BL is the "current events" that were written into the script. That part did make it seem more realistic.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 AM

3,037 posts, read 5,928,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
oz?
Oztralia. At the bottom of the planet. Nice place to visit but,.......
at least we get Boston Legal!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Quote:
Ok, well I thought you might know Dorthy, Toto, and the wiz

Old 12-16-2008, 05:02 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
jacq63, where is your head and heart? New Orleans, Louisiana? Is that what NOLA stands for? LOL you sound like you are not too happy living in Oz. That's funny since so many of us Americans dream that it would be so nice to live down under!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV