Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Okay, so who watched it last night? WE DID!!! Great show. LOVE IT!!! The girls and I are really getting into this one. As a mother of 2 girls I'm letting this be a HUGE learning experience for them. It is showing them what kind of boys to avoid and THEIR MOTHERS. AND, it is showing them what kind of girls to NOT become. Especially when next week the chest arrives w/ all of their past info in it. That "wholesome" girl that Lorene THINKS is "the one" for her son........ ain't so "wholesome". She is now it seems regretting doing the Penthouse spread. Well DUH! It WILL come back and bite you on the booty.

Meghan........... Did she look HOT or what when she came out to the pool. The guys..... all 3 of them were FLOORED by her looks. I was hoping she would stay After she left I was thinking in my head..... who do I know that I could set her up with. She is such a SWEETHEART and BEAUTIFUL!!! And as a friend said, "geniune".

Vita is gone. Okay, I can deal with that. At least her and Ms. B made up but still Ms. B COULD have handled the ENTIRE thing MUCH better. All she is doing is driving Jojo to the girls SHE DOESN'T LIKE! I loved when he even told her that there is not a girl out there she thinks is good enough. And her getting into the hot tub with them and then getting out and STILL YELLING at them! WOMAN, GO HOME!!! SHUT UP!!! She has got to make the entire house very uneasy.

Loved the challenge. The girls kicked butt and the boys were passing out, getting sick, losing their lunch, etc. Even Rob had to be taken to the hospital. At least he was okay. My oldest daughter even said, "girls are built for endurance and boys are built for speed". Cara won the challenge and was one of 4 given immunity. WOW!!! She was MUCH better this episode. Thank goodness.

So, who do y'all see clicking with whom?
I caught the part of this from a little after 10pm on. The part with the firefighter. His poor mom,he will give her a heart attack. I would not want to be a mom on this show, to see the girls and know them a lot better than the boys do and then see their boys falling for the ones they don't like. Bad position for the mother.

That whole thing with what's her name, is it Meghan? Well, that was just painful to watch. She did turn out so beautiful, but the whole crying thing was just too much. by the time she left , I was just like for God's sake just leave already. The whimpering was just to much to listen to. i just hope for the future that she can straighten up and stand tall. The hunching over is never good.

I was pretty surprised, that Jojo seemed to like her so much, though. But I didn't see the begining of this show either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
Haven't watched this weeks epi yet but good lord this show is a trainwreck. That Mrs. B is not a very nice person. I understand the shows producers wanting to put someone on there to add an aspect of drama and make the show more exciting but they should have found someone else. While I think most people get what they deserve when signing up for a reality show, its very unnecessary to subject the african-american girls to such an out right racist.
I didn't see Mrs. B in the begining of this episode, but she seemed nicer at the end, hugging Vita or whoever it was and then crying over it. I don't know really if she's racist, she seemed to care for the girl, some people just want to stick to people like them. My cousin married a Jewish guy and his grandparents wouldn't come to the wedding because she;s catholic. They are not racist, they just wanted their grandson to marry a jewish girl and when he didn't they were too stubborn to get over it. At least Mrs. B admitted it, but I agree she did it in a very insensitive way. She could have been a little more delicate about it. Remember, she didn't want any fat ones, no jewish ones, no tall ones, no products of divorce, it is not like no black ones was her only request. She was pretty focused on exactly what she wanted.......... Pretty sure she will never be happy w/her son's choice, she's got to big of a laundry list, lol.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I didn't see Mrs. B in the begining of this episode, but she seemed nicer at the end, hugging Vita or whoever it was and then crying over it. I don't know really if she's racist, she seemed to care for the girl, some people just want to stick to people like them. My cousin married a Jewish guy and his grandparents wouldn't come to the wedding because she;s catholic. They are not racist, they just wanted their grandson to marry a jewish girl and when he didn't they were too stubborn to get over it. At least Mrs. B admitted it, but I agree she did it in a very insensitive way. She could have been a little more delicate about it. Remember, she didn't want any fat ones, no jewish ones, no tall ones, no products of divorce, it is not like no black ones was her only request. She was pretty focused on exactly what she wanted.......... Pretty sure she will never be happy w/her son's choice, she's got to big of a laundry list, lol.....

Good point and true that she will probably never be happy with her son's choice. I haven't seen the new episode yet but I'm glad that she calmed down some and made amends with some of the girls. She was very insensitive and "racist" was a poor choice of words on my part.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:52 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
I watched this one last night and actually LOL. I don't understand how all these girls could want to be with these guys that they don't even know. Are they that desperate

Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm thinking Christmas time is re-run time for most broadcast channel TV shows so get your SVU on USA for the next few weeks.

Nope. NBC has cut over 500 million from their budget. Reality shows are super cheap to produce so NBC decided to put L&O and Hero's on hiatus (a non-scheduled hiatus) in favor of reality shows.

Just another nail in NBC's coffin. That network is slowly killing itself.

Can't really comment on the show that aired, as I have my limits of reality shows I watch. I add another and my IQ will be in the single digits.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:37 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Nope. NBC has cut over 500 million from their budget. Reality shows are super cheap to produce so NBC decided to put L&O and Hero's on hiatus (a non-scheduled hiatus) in favor of reality shows.

Just another nail in NBC's coffin. That network is slowly killing itself.

Can't really comment on the show that aired, as I have my limits of reality shows I watch. I add another and my IQ will be in the single digits.
Lol!

Well, I also just read in a magazine that Mariska Hargitay is the highest paid tv actress getting about $400,000 per episode or something like that.

Is this the last season of SVU? For some reason I am thinking it is but I don't remember why I am thinking that?

Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Poor Cara She didn't even get a date.

I was starting to kinda like her till THAT happened. OHMYGOSH!!! No wonder she hasn't found a fella. LOL!!!

Mrs. B.......... well dang woman, you picked some recipe for them to cook that not even the EXPERIENCED TRAIN CHEF has heard of. What the heck do you expect woman. Whatshername finally did it because no one else did and figured it was a way to get to hook up with him. She hadn't had a date w/ any of them either but she wasn't crying a river. They looked cute together though. I like her and she is the one that said, "I'm gonna pray for her" after the video. LOL!!! MINDY, that is the one he went out with. Is she the one that did the recipe???? Oh, and I'm GLAD Jojo stood up to his mom on this one. GOOD BOY!!! A step in the right direction. He might be the only one that picks someone HE likes over his moms desire.

Erica....... honey, you got LUCKY!!!! Your past is gonna bite you on the booty. And mom thinks your an angel......... OHMY! And she doesn't like Michelle for having the debt OR the plastic surgery. What is she gonna think when she finds YOUR spread.

Michelle, she is a little too plastic. Michael likes her so he MUST like those types. Even his mom said he goes for "those types". On this one she is gonna have to let him go and let it work itself out and let him find out if being w/ someone that constantly needs "work" is up his alley for the longhaul or not. Did you not love the smirk on his face when he told her to stay at the pool. OHMY!!! The little devil.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,221,023 times
If it were me and I was finding out "the scoop" on women for my son, I would also be concerned about Michelle. She seems very materialistic. All that debt and the plastic surgery, etc. at only age 25? I think this is a case of a leopard not going to change her spots! But if Michael knows up front that she is that way and he chooses her, then it's his business to have to deal with what comes his way!

I think Mom has a good feeling about Lauren for many reasons and her file proved her to be right. Sounds like she is the perfect girl for some lucky guy out there. But if a guy isn't attracted to her, he just isn't attracted. There has to be that "initial spark", I think, or they just won't get too far. Maybe he'll surprise us and give Lauren a chance and once he gets to know her he'll change his way of thinking? Who knows!

Could get interesting with all three guys liking the one girl! I think she's the only one that all 3 are interested in. That'll be a good story line to watch!

Well, I got my romance reality fix for the week (pretty sad for a 49 year old grandma!!!!) but can't wait for next week's episode! One fun thing is that my 25 year old married daughter & I love to dish about the shows after we watch them

Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 AM

FINALLY........ the helicopter bit w/ Mrs. B and spying on Jojo in the hot tub kissing "the black girl". I like how Mrs. B did not tell Jojo that she apologized to her and made up to her. And that is why Jojo let her go - she disrespected his mom. Well mommy dearest disrespected EVERYONE. Mrs. B is too much. She had the ticket to bring one of them with them to USVI and chose not to. Instead she stood in front of them and tore it up. Don't you know the producers are loving her for getting all of the drama on for this show.

Jojo - STAND UP to your mother. Sure you have told her how you feel and all but come on - you don't have the balls for your mother to strangle. So let's see, who is going with you to the USVI:

Michael - FINALLY you got rid of Michelle. She is a little too "Anna Nicole" for me. But hey, if you like that type.......... more power to ya. Erica....... looks like next week she is going to tell you her secret. Wow, what is mom gonna think of sweet and innocent perfect for her son Erica. I can't WAIT to see the look on Mom's face when she finds THAT out. And all of that really playing it up as the wholesome family girl w/ the little niece........ good job . Amanda - don't see you with her at all even though she likes you. The OTHER blonde "bombshell" you picked......... she is better than Michelle at least. Loved the little Santa outfit. I'm starting to think that Michael enjoys being a "player" and doesn't really want to settle down.

Rob - Mom is still bringing Lauren along to the USVI. You gave it a shot yet mom and Lauren are still trying to join forces to get you two hooked up. Whatshername that really tried to kick butt for the festivities and was eager to learn your religion ........ you seem to really like her.

Can't wait for next week.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
JoJo and his mom. Can this be real???

Wonder what JoJo's mom will think of herself when she sees her behavior on television? Do you think she could possibly believe her behavior is normal -- or acceptable???

She's insane... IMHO. And, any woman that enters into that family is going to have problems with her. Staying married is hard enough without a mother in law like her. Why would anyone ever want to marry her son?

This show is keeping my interest but it's really kind of sad ...

One thing's for sure,... whoever selected the cast of this show went out of their way to throw in wild cards!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
JoJo and his mom. Can this be real???

Wonder what JoJo's mom will think of herself when she sees her behavior on television? Do you think she could possibly believe her behavior is normal -- or acceptable???

She's insane... IMHO. And, any woman that enters into that family is going to have problems with her. Staying married is hard enough without a mother in law like her. Why would anyone ever want to marry her son?

This show is keeping my interest but it's really kind of sad ...

One thing's for sure,... whoever selected the cast of this show went out of their way to throw in wild cards!

In the beginning they showed that Jojo lives somewhere else. He doesn't even live at home or in the same city as his parents. Wonder if he figured it out a long time ago that to have ANY semblence of a "normal" life he had to get away from her.

About half way thru last nights show my husband who was watching it for the first time asked me two questions:
1. Is there ANYTHING else on tv dumber than this?
2. How many of these girls have been in Playboy? SERIOUSLY?

LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV