Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 03:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times

Advertisements

I think I have been to Italy seven or eight times - a couple of times in that region. I've never seen a town so "Un-Charming". Maybe Barney and Teresa will be back behind the brown door with the dish someday soon. I'll bet Nonna can whip those over-privileged urchins into shape fast...

Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think I have been to Italy seven or eight times - a couple of times in that region. I've never seen a town so "Un-Charming". Maybe Barney and Teresa will be back behind the brown door with the dish someday soon. I'll bet Nonna can whip those over-privileged urchins into shape fast...
Since you have been there can you help explain how breakfast can be $1000? I get the hotels are expensive but never having been to Italy I don't understand the cost of the food Joe was complaining about.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Many of them have free breakfasts (or included in the price) in a common room/restaurant or lobby, as they do all over Europe. I'll bet Il Commendatore had to have room service.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:17 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Since you have been there can you help explain how breakfast can be $1000? I get the hotels are expensive but never having been to Italy I don't understand the cost of the food Joe was complaining about.
I've also been and I'm not sure what he was talking about. Most tourist class hotels I've been to in Italy include breakfast in the rate. It's usually just some fruit, bread, cheese, hard boiled eggs, coffee...stuff like that.
They're using the Euro now, which makes everything more expensive. Last time I was in Italy they were still using the Lira. I used to be able to go to Greece for a month for what it would cost for about 2 weeks in some Florida resort area! They also use the Euro now and everything is about twice as much.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Many of them have free breakfasts (or included in the price) in a common room/restaurant or lobby, as they do all over Europe. I'll bet Il Commendatore had to have room service.
You're probably right. Room service anywhere is usually insane!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I've also been and I'm not sure what he was talking about. Most tourist class hotels I've been to in Italy include breakfast in the rate. It's usually just some fruit, bread, cheese, hard boiled eggs, coffee...stuff like that.
They're using the Euro now, which makes everything more expensive. Last time I was in Italy they were still using the Lira. I used to be able to go to Greece for a month for what it would cost for about 2 weeks in some Florida resort area! They also use the Euro now and everything is about twice as much.
Thanks TXNGL and Lakewooder! I had another idea. Maybe he didn't expect the hooker to be on his room bill!

Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
I think it is just plain old empty. Nothing bouncing around in that skull!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
How about Mashed potatoes?
Air is about right. One giant air pocket. Or, mashed potatoes. DENSE mashed potatoes.

I'm wondering if Teresa and Joe footed the bill as well and put it on one of their credit cards as they knew they were going to be filing bankruptcy and now we are ALL stuck w/ the bill. Maybe THAT is what Joe is raving about as in the entire bill. Between Joe and Teresa they are really starting to make Danielle look smart and sane. Sad, very sad.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
thanks txngl and lakewooder! I had another idea. Maybe he didn't expect the hooker to be on his room bill!
ewwwwww!
DANG! Now my lunch is coming back up. Thanks.........

Old 08-17-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Air is about right. One giant air pocket. Or, mashed potatoes. DENSE mashed potatoes.

I'm wondering if Teresa and Joe footed the bill as well and put it on one of their credit cards as they knew they were going to be filing bankruptcy and now we are ALL stuck w/ the bill. Maybe THAT is what Joe is raving about as in the entire bill. Between Joe and Teresa they are really starting to make Danielle look smart and sane. Sad, very sad.
The trip was after the filing. Once you file you lose all your credit cards. Unless they were using the cards T opened up in her mothers name.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks TXNGL and Lakewooder! I had another idea. Maybe he didn't expect the hooker to be on his room bill!

!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV