Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times

Advertisements

This show is so unreal, and she is love them all! Love does not work that way. At least Trista made it work, and did pick a choice for her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 10:03 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
This show is so unreal, and she is love them all! Love does not work that way. At least Trista made it work, and did pick a choice for her!
It goes back to her just being "needy". She loves them all and wants them all. Did you see how she was getting all tongue tied and crying looking at Reid. It's like she wanted him to beg her back or something.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
One thing I thought through this entire Jillian show was that someone needs to get her into a treatment program. That girl has a serious drinking problem. And I don't say that for effect. I mean that seriously. It shows in her affect even when she isn't sitting with a glass in her hand.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
One thing I thought through this entire Jillian show was that someone needs to get her into a treatment program. That girl has a serious drinking problem. And I don't say that for effect. I mean that seriously. It shows in her affect even when she isn't sitting with a glass in her hand.
I agree and I also believe that she is bipolar(probably undiagnosed).

What I find really hard to believe is that there were no reservations(that we know of) about her doing the show. Considering her (self admitted during the Jason season) of a family history of mental illness along with her own displays of mental lapses, I would have thought that her family would have tried to discourage her from doing the show.

Her mental anguish and manic depressive mood swings/indecisiveness were difficult to watch last night. I think that she will need a serious intervention after all of the attention and drama has died down.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
The ATR show tonight?

Well Reid sat there looking ready to vault off the coach, constantly looking at the host "when is this going to end", with a "i have nothing really to say" attitude.

Kipton also looked devastated. Yeah right.

I think her and Ed make a great couple.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:12 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
Neither Kiptyn or Reid looked like they wanted to be there last night. Reid was especially skittish and uncomfortable.

I have to say that even if Ed wasn't my first choice for her, they do seem absolutely thrilled with each other and very happy and secure in their relationship. I hope it works out for them, but I still think that you cannot truly fall in love with someone enough to commit to spend the rest of your life with them after a few short weeks. It may be a reality show, but it just ISN'T realistic!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:49 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Neither Kiptyn or Reid looked like they wanted to be there last night. Reid was especially skittish and uncomfortable.

I have to say that even if Ed wasn't my first choice for her, they do seem absolutely thrilled with each other and very happy and secure in their relationship. I hope it works out for them, but I still think that you cannot truly fall in love with someone enough to commit to spend the rest of your life with them after a few short weeks. It may be a reality show, but it just ISN'T realistic!

My thoughts exactly. Though I think Ed is a bit of a dork (and certainly a Fashion Victim, as has been noted by many )...I agree that at least on the final show they seemed over-the-top giddy about each other. (Jillian's comment "we can't get enough bedroom!" was TMI for me, though!)
But I also agree that now that they're in the Real World they will see for sure what they have, or don't. I do understand how these contestants can convince themselves that their "love" is real in these fantastical circumstances on the show. Who _wouldn't be swept away by these exotic locales and little adventures (private helicopter rides, rooftop-with-fab-view dining, beach picnics, waterfall pond swimming, etc.) they are privy to?

Minor observation: anyone else embarrassed last night for the seemingly 15-year-old at the microphone who asked Reid for a date??

Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
I give it 6 months...tops!

I think that Ed (who may be gay or bi) will get tired of Jillian's neediness, over-the-top emotional displays and overly-hyper antics very soon....especially since they will be living together.

Could someone please give her meds!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:24 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post

For the most part, I agree but I was in love with my wife and I knew I was going to marry her after only a month together. On top of that, it was a long distance relationship and I only saw her on weekends. So, basically after only 4 weekends together I had no doubt she was who I was going to marry.

So, I woudnt call it unrealistic but I dont think that happens often for people like it seems to happen every single season of this show.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Has there ever been a season of this show where everyone was drinking on pretty much every date?

I think we all know that most of these dates are unrealistic and many of these people probably behave differently than they do in real life.

She may have a drinking problem or it just may be the environment the show creates.

You also have to consider that you only see a few minutes of a date that last several hours. It is really hard to judge what really goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV