Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

I would not have complained if Kelly won ......I would have like to see Ozzie so excited that he spoke intelligible English lol.......any of the three were deserving of the plastic rotating ball......and others along the way shold have been in the finals also but.....such is show business......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I would not have complained if Kelly won ......I would have like to see Ozzie so excited that he spoke intelligible English lol......
Actually, I think he's cleaned up his act quite a bit. I've seen him on TV and you CAN understand what he's saying, unlike before when the closed captioning would say things like 'mumbling incoherently'! He's doing commercials and everything, which I bet makes Kelly really happy-to have him straight.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
The really bad part of Whitney is that she performed the night before....they weren't even live for the show! They could have 'fixed' some of her misses for the broadcast if they'd wanted. Guess they didnt' care all that much.

Even though tap is definitely not the same as ballroom, Mya still has had training in a form of dance and likely understood what it took to achieve the technical parts that she did so well in and that was her advantage. Donny has been performing all his life and that was his big advantage. Kelly really didn't have any advantages at all, so she really came the furthest. Like I said before I would have been happy with any of the three winning. As it happens Donny absolutely earned it with his freestyle while Mya lost it because of hers.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,813,684 times
I fully expected Mya to win until her freestyle on Monday night. Then I saw an opening for Donny to possibly take the trophy. Yes, he's been an entertainer all his life, but don't forget that he was also much older than his competition.

I would have been happy with any of the three winning but didn't think Kelly had a chance, mostly because of her insecurities which still haunt her from time to time. I do think if there was an award for most improved dancer, Kelly would have won hands down.

I agree that Whitney should retire. She wasn't that great live at the AMA awards either. I am happy to see that she's turned her life around, though. That took a lot of courage and effort.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEYZKOMIT View Post
Oh, by the way, did anyone else think that the show seemed to drag on with all the 'extra' junk they put in there to make it entertaining?
Trust me, it wasn't for entertainment purposes. They pad it out so they can sell more ad time to make more money. Over a half hour of your life is gone that you'll never see again thanks to commercials, if you watched the whole program.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:30 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
The more ads they sell the more money to pay present and past performers plus those celebrities to sit in the audience for ratings boost.
Whitney Houston did lip sync. At times she looked liked she was hung over.
Kelly was Ok, but drug/booze related dysfunctional familes are not one to promote family values.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I basically fast forwarded through about an hour and a half of the show. I didn't watch all the losers perform their dances. I only watched Adam Corolla give coaching lessons to Donny, watched the dance-off between Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin, then watched the results - maybe 30 minutes, but probably less. I can't deal with all the "filler".

As far as tap goes - yeah, tap is dance, but it is NOTHING like ballroom. The movement is completely different, as is the technique. I compete in ballroom dance and teach it, and if someone comes to me who may have taken tap in the past, it is of NO use in ballroom. It's as if you are teaching someone with no dance experience - that's how different it is from ballroom. So when people say "yeah but Mya has dance experience" I have to laugh because they don't know what they're talking about.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I basically fast forwarded through about an hour and a half of the show. I didn't watch all the losers perform their dances. I only watched Adam Corolla give coaching lessons to Donny, watched the dance-off between Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin, then watched the results - maybe 30 minutes, but probably less. I can't deal with all the "filler".

As far as tap goes - yeah, tap is dance, but it is NOTHING like ballroom. The movement is completely different, as is the technique. I compete in ballroom dance and teach it, and if someone comes to me who may have taken tap in the past, it is of NO use in ballroom. It's as if you are teaching someone with no dance experience - that's how different it is from ballroom. So when people say "yeah but Mya has dance experience" I have to laugh because they don't know what they're talking about.
could not agree more sparkle nose ....I took tap as a lil kid and then ballroom as a middle kid and theres no relation.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Am I the only one who just cant stand Tom Bergeron, he is so ugly, I just cant stand looking at him, he was just as ugly on Hollywood Squares. Thank God for Samantha Harris.....

...and the band really suck, they can take a song and truly kill it.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Am I the only one who just cant stand Tom Bergeron, he is so ugly.
Yeah, I think you just might BE the only one. Why bump a thread for something so lame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV