Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times

Advertisements

the rat guy was nice, and rats can be good pets, believe it or not.. but he kinda thought he must be the pied piper or something...

the lady the hoarded the cats - it made me sick to watch them tip her couch over and watch how much feces rolled out onto the floor.

these shows aren't exactly meal-time shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 04:49 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,023 times
The lady with all that garbage was both sad and seriously disgusting. I'm surprised she didn't have serious health issues already!

Old 08-06-2011, 07:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Has anybody been watching the new season?

I have several episodes DVR'd so I am probably watching them out of order, but holy crap!!!!! There are some folks this season who put some of the people in older seasons and last season to shame!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:34 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,012,558 times
I've been watching the new season. I don't know who I feel more sorry for, the people who have the hoarding problem and don't realise it, or their family members who try to help them. Such sad situations for all.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
I've been watching...can't go without my Matt Paxton fix. I don't even know if you can call one hellhole worse than the others, so many of them are beyond awful. I feel the sorriest for the children and the neighbors who have no choice in the situation. The hoarders deserve to be pitied because it's clearly a mental illness but at the same time, if left to their own devices most of them would be happy as a pig in muck (not much of a stretch, really).

Old 08-07-2011, 01:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
The lady with all the dolls reminded me of PeeWee Herman - the way she kept chuckling and laughing throughout the show. Talk about delusional ... "These didn't cost much." And there were like 50,000 dolls in that pile! And "performing surgery"??? Keep your small children away from that lady!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,098,105 times
From what Ive gathered watching the show it's the people who've had a major loss in their lives that need to surround themselves with their stuff. I can sort of understand that on some level, but what about the people that just throw their garbage on the floor?. I mean, real garbage, like empty unwashed food containers, or the ones who hoard food and leave it out to rot? Why? Are they so removed from reality that they can't smell their houses, or see the flies or the moldy food? I dont' understand that.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:52 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
From what Ive gathered watching the show it's the people who've had a major loss in their lives that need to surround themselves with their stuff. I can sort of understand that on some level, but what about the people that just throw their garbage on the floor?. I mean, real garbage, like empty unwashed food containers, or the ones who hoard food and leave it out to rot? Why? Are they so removed from reality that they can't smell their houses, or see the flies or the moldy food? I dont' understand that.
I agree. I can actually understand a person being so mentally distraught that they hoard a collection of things or shop too much because it makes them feel better, but just to be NASTY has no real excuse. I find that to be laziness.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
What amazes me is how mean some of these hoarders can be. Their attitudes toward family members is just plain horrible. It's heart-breaking when they choose their hoard over their kids.

I think the first episode I ever saw was the one with Augustine in Louisiana. She's the one who lost her dentures in the mess. Her daughter, Susan, had been trying for decades to help her mother and her mother was so unkind to her. Granted, Susan gave up trying to get along with Augustine but she still tried to get the place cleaned up.

I can say from experience that the hardened cases are impossible to deal with.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:45 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
One of the recent cases was a woman who lived in a townhome with her husband and teenage boy, and had an older daughter who had moved out...I think they were from Texas? Anyway, this woman was almost feral with the way she would scream at everyone, throwing tantrums like a 2 year old and the way she talked to her daughter was appalling. Hannah from last season was kind of similar, and good old Augustine. I'm kind of amazed that these people have any family members willing to maintain a relationship with them...it's exhausting just watching them on tv for an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV