Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREGONRAIN View Post
After reading all the posts, except from the person that is sick and understandably needs the tv, Hope your feeling better. I don't regret at all dropping down to the most basic cable plan comcast has. I think many others will follow unless comcast and the others get a complete makeover and allow us to pick and choose what we want versus them telling us what channels we get. I think comcast will lose some business to the gas pumps to begin with, because there are many out there with high cable bills that are not at income levels to pay that high cable bill and fill their gas tanks, something will have to give, and it cannot be the phone or electric bill.

Comcast s**ks. Sorry- I had to vent. They are a monopoly and charge exorbitantly for bad service. Our bill was 250.00-300.00 per month- and it wasnt even premium.

In Florida the HOA took care of this- so much better than Comcast-and dont even bother calling their 800# where you'll get the latest 17 yr old answering the call center phone- its really bad.

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times
I finally got sick of television and canceled my cable subscription in Feb of '06. It was a rough transition initially. But I've learned a lot about myself. I learned how tethered I was to the TV. Even when there was nothing worth watching (which is 99% of the time) I would still have it on. I'd oftentimes watch it when I was bored. I used it as company (I live alone).

Now I don't miss it. Sure, it would be nice to have History and Discovery and Weather. But now I spend my time reading and doing things around the house and yard. The last month I've toyed with signing up again because Comcast is so desperate for viewers and offering awesome rates. But when I think about what I lose, it's vomit-inducing.

I now buy the shows and movies I want. I no longer have to deal with ads or the constant s**t about Paris and Lindsay and Britney. No more of those massively retarded "reality" shows. Whoever designed those things needs to be beaten to death.

No, life is richer without all that celebrity crap and all the assorted additional garbage they throw at us. I feel cleansed.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:11 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
There are times that I would 'Go Insane' if my only choice was the local stations...

I walk a lot and that has really made a difference in my life. Every expert has said--'Get Walking'--maybe we would not be so depressed and need all the expensive Rxs if we got out and about.

Cannot stand all the commercials for this drug or that drug for anxiety, depression and all that.

sls
I agree......I do not believe in drugs for emotional problems.....there are other ways to cope.....like what you said

Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
I have limited basic cable with the sports tier. No premium channels. Too much repetition for the cost.
I like Tlc, History channel, Amc, etc.
I mostly watch sports and old shows. Mayberry RFD, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, stuff like that. I know those are repeats too but for me they are stilll better than the junk that is new today.
But then I am an old guy that remembers when tv shows had a story to them and not all the foolish b/s that seems to be the standard today.
Tim Conway and Red Skelton were alot funnier than some of the so called comediens are today. I do like Jeff Foxworthy though. Does that mean I'm a redneck?? Probably.
But thats just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV