Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:14 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't take this show too seriously. Any network that shows "Soul Plane" five thousand times isn't that smart to begin with.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
He never killed any dogs. He funded/bank rolled the business his cousins started. But he got into trouble for his involvement, being in the public eye, and for not telling the truth initially. The guy should have never went to jail. If he doesn't deserve to be forgiven, well Sarah Palin and people who hunt for sport and all the people that run the chicken fights in the South should also go to jail. While you are at it the bull fighters should also be jailed.

It bothers me that in this country people care more about their animals then they do about human beings. There are kids going hungry in this country and around the world, let's worry about them. Our judicial system has spent too much of our tax payer money on this guy. He should have paid a hefty fine.
Say what? I'm pretty sure he went to jail for killing and conspiring to kill 13 dogs. Imagine a pittbull. They are powerful dogs, especially the muscle bound beasts that were bread for fighting purposes. Imagine how hard you would have to work to kill a Pit Bull by forcibly drowning him.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Just read so many articles about this. He never personally killed any dogs. He did order to have weaker dogs killed. He did arrange and fund fights. All that other stuff was done by his cousins/friends. Doubt that they even knew that it was against the law and or was a felony. Wonder why none of the people that paid to watch the fights were never sentenced either?

Source: Vick 'one of the heavyweights' in dogfighting - NFL - ESPN

Old 10-08-2009, 01:55 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Just read so many articles about this. He never personally killed any dogs. He did order to have weaker dogs killed. He did arrange and fund fights. All that other stuff was done by his cousins/friends. Doubt that they even knew that it was against the law and or was a felony. Wonder why none of the people that paid to watch the fights were never sentenced either?

So, it was OK to kill the "weaker" dogs??

Old 10-08-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Just were did your link say Vick did not kill dogs??

Old 10-08-2009, 01:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
As far as I know he didn't kill any animals. One of the houses that had the dog fights was his. Didn't know he was doing it for 6 years and I find it hard to believe but I will have to read up on that.

No I don't believe in animal cruelty and nor do I think abusing them is right either. But don't believe in sporting them. I do believe in using animals for experimental purposes for medical reasons. He should have received some education and a fine. Glad to see that on this forum because one gives an opinion differing from others they are called liars and are into abuse.

The man lost property, lost endorsements, and his earning potential. Heah guys he even did time. So move on already. How long are you going to back and forth about him.

In many parts of the world chicken fighting, dog fights, bull killing, etc. is accepted. Not saying that it is right but never see anyone do jail time except for Vick. Again, the sport killings of animals then should be outlawed. Do you know how many of you get your meat that you eat every night at your dinner table? How are those animals treated and killed? A lot of them get electricuted.
I'll "back and forth" about him as long as I see posts defending torturers and rationalizing cruelty to animals.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:59 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times
there's only one channel that would give him a show, it's that racist BET, go figure.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Oh, now BET is racist. WOW!

He agreed to killing weaker dogs don't know if they were sick or not. None of it is ok but it is not worth the punishment. He was punished and released from jail. Move on. I can't defend his actions and am really not doing so. But you can read more into things if you want.

I'm glad to know that when you make a mistake you will be haunted by it for the rest of your life.

The link I provided was giving insight to what happened and how popular the sport is, that is what seem people call it. Anyways, you can google it yourself.
The League Panelists: Nike denies endorsing Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, PETA once protested but can any company endorse him? - Michael Kun
WikiAnswers - How did michael vick kill dogs
Michael Vick released; time to remember what Vick actually did to dogs

Anyways, dog fighting still goes on in two other states.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Oh, now BET is racist. WOW!

He agreed to killing weaker dogs don't know if they were sick or not. None of it is ok but it is not worth the punishment. He was punished and released from jail. Move on. I can't defend his actions and am really not doing so. But you can read more into things if you want.

I'm glad to know that when you make a mistake you will be haunted by it for the rest of your life.

The link I provided was giving insight to what happened and how popular the sport is, that is what seem people call it. Anyways, you can google it yourself.
The League Panelists: Nike denies endorsing Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, PETA once protested but can any company endorse him? - Michael Kun
WikiAnswers - How did michael vick kill dogs
Michael Vick released; time to remember what Vick actually did to dogs

Anyways, dog fighting still goes on in two other states.
YOUR link said he killed dogs....

Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
Congrats on defending an animal abuser, bayareagirl. Nice to see ones character come thru loud and clear on a message board.

I'll quote Ghandi... again... "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

And in case you haven't broken out of your little bubble and looked around, there's WAY more causes to support for humans then there are for animals. Trying to deny that shows what little of reality you allow into your bubble.

Thanks for playing!

Oh... and, no... I won't be watching the BET show. He may have paid his "debt" but until he's truly humble and forgiving about it, there's nothing he has to say or do that I care about. So funny how he's played himself out to be the victim in all of this. Gah... there it is again, that bad taste he leaves in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV