Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times

Advertisements

Delusianne, where did I say this? You've said several times you dont care what he's done, dont care about murdered dogs or hurt animals - good for you. Or maybe you do care about them, but only if they were hurt by someone who isnt a football star on TV? That's fine, they're your priorities and you should be proud of them. You are making things up and are really sick.

I don't care if the guy is a football player. What he did isn't right but is something many are doing because of how they grew up. Vick was made to be a legal example.

I'm not into dog fighting or hunting so looking at pictures serves no purpose for me.

Driller, for some hunting is for food and brings money in. So does dog fur. Doesn't make it right. From what I've read about the articles people are making a lot of money off of these fights. I don't see either one any less to the cruelty of animals. I also agree with everything westhou had to say.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:13 PM

eevee, I for one never knew about dog fighting and can't understand why people would even want to see it. Vick was unfairly targeted because he was a celebrity, don't think him being black was ever an issue. There are several white people that are into the whole thing as well including chicken fighting but I think it is called something else. But at least it brought attention to the matter and will hopefully help people realize the legal ramifications.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times
South Carolina has a college team named after fighting roosters: The University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Where's the boycotting and fuss over that?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
It is amazing that peple care more for dogs than they do for people. You can kill a person and get less flack than Vick. And this is from a person that loves dogs.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Delusianne, where did I say this? You've said several times you dont care what he's done, dont care about murdered dogs or hurt animals - good for you. Or maybe you do care about them, but only if they were hurt by someone who isnt a football star on TV? That's fine, they're your priorities and you should be proud of them. You are making things up and are really sick.

I don't care if the guy is a football player. What he did isn't right but is something many are doing because of how they grew up. Vick was made to be a legal example.

I'm not into dog fighting or hunting so looking at pictures serves no purpose for me.

Driller, for some hunting is for food and brings money in. So does dog fur. Doesn't make it right. From what I've read about the articles people are making a lot of money off of these fights. I don't see either one any less to the cruelty of animals. I also agree with everything westhou had to say.
Then you need to work to change the laws.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
It is amazing that peple care more for dogs than they do for people. You can kill a person and get less flack than Vick. And this is from a person that loves dogs.
I like animals more than people.
My dogs come first.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My dogs come first.
I like my dogs more than I like some people. That doesn't change anything

Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Driller, I don't need to work to change the laws. If you like animals more than people that is really sad and is the problem I have with a lot of people. Animals are not equivalent and shouldn't be treated that way. I am more concerned for people that are hungry, dying, and kids being without parents then I am about dogs and cats.

Baybook, you are absolutely right.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,100,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My dogs come first.
You are wasting your time debating with someone of that mindset. That says it all right there.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Driller, I don't need to work to change the laws. If you like animals more than people that is really sad and is the problem I have with a lot of people. Animals are not equivalent and shouldn't be treated that way. I am more concerned for people that are hungry, dying, and kids being without parents then I am about dogs and cats.

Baybook, you are absolutely right.
My dogs have NEVER lied to me, disappointed me, looked down on me. That is just they way it is. Our entire estate is will to animal welfare programs. I stopped giving to people six years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV