Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Is this really a show people are expected to like though? I thought it was canceled and widely panned. Or am I thinking of something else?
I wanted to like the show. My wife loved the Cobra Mustang (aka KITT). But we both had the same complaint about the show as a whole. In the end, it was a let down.

Last edited by phoenix_talons; 12-07-2009 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,154,237 times
30 Rock...I just don't get it. My friends think it's so funny and have DVRd their funniest episodes and shown them to me...nope...still dumb.

Also, every single CSI (aren't there CSIs for every major city in the country now...Miami, New York, LA, etc) show and NCIS.

The Office used to be one of my favorites, but I think that perhaps some of the writers have left the show. I haven't had a genuine laugh for at least 2 seasons. It used to be hilarious...but I appreciate sarcastic humor. But something has disconnected recently.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:06 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
I try to watch some of these shows family suggests, but I think they are all nuts. Lousy shows anymore.

I don't think any of them are funny anymore, nothing compares to Barney Miller, Sanford and Son, Soap, All in the family or the Jeffersons, or Homicide, Third Watch, Crossing Jordan, why they took Third Watch off the air is beyond me, same with Crossing Jordan and Dr. Quinn

The one tonight with Ray Romano I heard was good. I do like House but I will rent that when this years series is over and Lie to me and Criminal Minds but I can never time my life to watch the shows when they are aired.

I can't take any reality TV, I cringe when I hear the music or the MC introducing the show and have to turn off or turn the channel.

I've switched to some BBC series I've rented, Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren is really good to rent, there are 6 of them I believe.

Rescue me I love, rent the series if anyone can, blockbuster has it, its not for those who get irked by language or some sexual scenes.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I never got Friends. There I said it.
Neither did I, I tried it 2 times, seemed dumb. I don't think anyone could really act in that show, you don't hear much about them other than Anniston who loves publicity.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,225,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't watch American Idol! I just don't like it! I don't like dancing shows either!
You are not alone,I have NEVER watched AI and could not tell you a thing about it. Also have never watched any of the so called survivor programs,or for that matter,any reality show.That may make me the odd man out,but any of the above type shows hold no interest for me.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,809 times
I have never watched any of the reality shows, except So You Think You Can Dance.
My daughter and I watch it while my husband watches a movie upstairs. (We only have cable downstairs, and it's basic).

We used to watch Sunday's animation domination, but it's just too crude. I get all the jokes, but my 10 year old daughter gets some of them too. It's just not any fun watching when you're worried that your daughter might ask an embarrasing question, or wondering what demented thoughts might stick.

I love South Park. We have two seasons on dvd and I'll watch when I'm home during the day and doing laundry. Can't wait to get all the seasons.
Love Bones and Fringe.

I like The Office too, but husband does not.
I'm surprised at how many people don't like Heroes (but, I've only seen season 1 & 2). We watch that on dvd as well. Maybe I like it because I'm a big Gilmore Girls fan and like the Jess character.

Don't like Desperate Housewives too much. I did at first then it just started getting stupid. I thought Bree was a great character, then they made her into an alcoholic, and an adulterer.
Don't like Ugly Betty. I saw it once or twice and thought it was boring.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It may be different for you, but all the people I know who say this don't get the cultural and literary references.
Those references are used as a distraction from the show being crap.

I never got into Sex and the City. I don't get it? Four old ho bags sitting around talking about being old ho bags?

Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,561 times
Family guy
The Office
Scrubs
Frasier
Big Brother
Survivor
The Amazing Race----Hate that show
Dancing with the Stars
The Bachelor

Old 12-10-2009, 01:44 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
You think the grown up shows are bad, you need to watch the crap kids are watching on saturday morning on the network channels..

Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You think the grown up shows are bad, you need to watch the crap kids are watching on saturday morning on the network channels..
My kids just introduced me to this new show called "Fanboy and ChumChum" - yeeeaaah I dont get it.

I did however give up on Spongebob a LONG time ago. Spongebob is a helluva drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV