Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,589,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My wife and I don't get HBO or Showtime, but rather subscribe to NetFlix, where we can rent the excellent HBO/SHowtime series. We love the fact that we can watch a whole series in continuity from beginning to end. So far, we've done this with Six Feet Under, The Sopranos and we just finished The Wire. In between The Sopranos and The Wire we rented Weeds and Big Love...but we don't like breaking up the seasons and would rather wait until the series has finished and is available in its entirety.

Please provide recommendations for the next series that we should watch. We're not much into SciFi.
It you (will) have netflix I think you can watch Dexter. It's such a good series! You can rent the 1st 3 seasons already. (I don't like to break them up either )

Someone mentioned Band of Brothers and Rome. Pretty good too!

"Oldies"? Millenium is a good one hubby and I watched during the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:57 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,858,052 times
As others have mentioned, "Homicide, Life On The Street" is the best network cop drama ever. My wife was a bit put off by the swearing on "Deadwood" but I told her that if it, and The Sopranos" were network shows without the killing and swearing they would have been great shows because they had great characters and great story!

"Rome" is excellent too, joint HBO/BBC production. Also Band Of Brothers as others wrote.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" if you like that kind of humor. I do!

You dropped HBO for the same reason I did, same method now.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV