Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times

Advertisements

FOX is "conservative"??? I thought they were liberal! LOL can you tell what I am by that statement???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,032,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
FOX is "conservative"??? I thought they were liberal! LOL can you tell what I am by that statement???
Haha, the reason I ask is because if Conan moved to FOX, I'm sure they'd tell him to "tone down" some of his material because of the kinda folks that watch that network...hence, he wouldn't be the same Conan..

Old 01-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Haha, the reason I ask is because if Conan moved to FOX, I'm sure they'd tell him to "tone down" some of his material because of the kinda folks that watch that network...hence, he wouldn't be the same Conan..
Here I thought Conan would "get away" with more stuff on FOX! Shows how much I watch that channel. Everytime I get "into" a show on there, they cancel it so I'm not a FOX fan.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:16 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,699,642 times
I think FOX is liberal and FOX News is conservative?! Madtv was on Fox, so are The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. Not conservative shows in any way....

Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,231,385 times
don't confuse fox with fox news or think that rupert murdoch wants to control the political views to be consistent on all of his stations as opposed to crafting stations to grab up a bulk of the audience

as noted above fox has a lot of shows that are far from conservative - simpsons, family guy, american dad, etc

they also aren't afraid of putting up cranky personalities and goofing on people (AI, Hells Kitchen, house, etc)

This is also the station that had married with children and the tracey ullman show as it's first leads.

They made an unsuccessful attempt to get arsenio as their late night personality (before the arsenio hall show)

They also hit the big time with tween dramas like 90210, Melrose Place, Party of 5, The OC

That 70s show featured a lot of drug humor and the like

Recently a lot of their programing has been drawing an audience that wouldn't be your easily offended conservative types (temptation island, who wants to marry a millionaire, joe millionaire and they were fined by the FCC for married by america)

Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
don't confuse fox with fox news or think that rupert murdoch wants to control the political views to be consistent on all of his stations as opposed to crafting stations to grab up a bulk of the audience

as noted above fox has a lot of shows that are far from conservative - simpsons, family guy, american dad, etc

they also aren't afraid of putting up cranky personalities and goofing on people (AI, Hells Kitchen, house, etc)

This is also the station that had married with children and the tracey ullman show as it's first leads.

They made an unsuccessful attempt to get arsenio as their late night personality (before the arsenio hall show)

They also hit the big time with tween dramas like 90210, Melrose Place, Party of 5, The OC

Recently a lot of their programing has been drawing an audience that wouldn't be your easily offended conservative types (temptation island, who wants to marry a millionaire, joe millionaire and they were fined by the FCC for married by america)
Oh, okay! I thought I was going a little nuts here with my opinion of FOX! Whew, glad to see I'm not! Thanks.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
leno should man up and step aside.
I agree. I watched part of Conan last night. I really like him and I feel bad that NBC is treating him like this. Jay's show didn't work, so he should be the one to go. He had his time on the Tonight Show. It is over as was long planned.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

good points again. I can see the folks who like Family Guy liking Conan. Fox has AI, but it needs more than just one reality TV show and some animated shows. they've been doing great w/ Fringe and had some minor critical success w/ Dollhouse and Sarah Connor Chronicles. granted, both are now canceled, but they were far more popular w/ the critics than, say, Heroes (and why that show manages to stay on the air while Dollhouse and other shows like Pushing Daisies gets canceled is beyond me. but that's a whole 'nother topic). only issue I have w/ Fox is that they seem to be a bit trigger happy when it comes to canceling scripted shows, but they seem to stand by the non scripted ones. I think Fox should work to revamp their whole lineup to include stronger scripted stuff and Conan should be a part of that revamp. NBC will continue their downward spiral (heck, even the CW seems to be doing better than they are in termsw of good shows!)

Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 AM

26,222 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Wasn't "Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" one of the features of the old Conan show that did not come forward with Conan on TTS?

Curious as to why that seems to be the case. We loved those skits.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:58 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
See ya Conan, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

I never found Conan funny....he's a smarmy snarky sort of unlikeable guy. And his humor is way too stupid and juvenile...that Triumph the insult dog and the masturbating bear? Seriously? And this is coming from me, someone who likes juvenile toilet humor. But I just don't get Conan.

Jay is much funnier, and likeable and down to earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV