Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,091,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, I agree - please DO share. As a competitive ballroom dancer (Blackpool finalist) and dance instructor myself, I too am very interested in her critiquing of the dancing and the technique.
since u r a professional let us hear your take on the form and technique of NON PROFESSIONALS----some of them doing this 4 the first time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:20 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,604,932 times
Knew I could count on you guys - thanks for including who got voted off. Would have liked to see Kate go first too. Glad Pam made the cut

Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,057,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
since u r a professional let us hear your take on the form and technique of NON PROFESSIONALS----some of them doing this 4 the first time
If you've ever actually paid any attention to my posts, you will see that I HAVE critiqued the amateur performances. Go ahead, take a moment to look through old DWTS threads and you'll see my critiques. We'll wait ........

I am not going to critique anything tonight, as I have not watched either of this week's shows yet. I have them tivo'd and will watch them tomorrow night - when I don't have school. You see, on the nights DWTS is on, I am in school, so I cannot comment on something I have not yet seen. But rest assured, I will come back and give you my honest-to-God critiques and opinions, so keep your eyes peeled!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 AM

540 posts, read 1,330,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she HAS to be next unless the voting is rigged. I mean-come on; while she does provide comic relief-she will not win. She can NOT dance!!
The show always has people who can't dance. Co-founder of Apple Computer comes to mind. Steve Wozniak, or 'The Woz' was terrible and looked like a beached whale flailing on the dance floor, yet he hung on for a while. The non-dancers are part of the show, and the audience draw.

It's so very difficult for the 'Hate Kate Klub' to deal with the fact that people are voting to keep her on. I'm not a Kate fan, yet feel compelled to defend her against the irrational hate and BS.
When I read manifestos that declare 'America hates her' (seriously, the entire country? ) and she will be eliminated the first week 'God willing,' (let the smiting begin) then it is obvious that people have become too involved with someone they absolutely do not know, and are heading towards the deep end. How many degrees separate this garbage from the type of lunatic sending Erin Andrews death threats?

Kate has made it to the 4th week, and will be paid at least $300,000.00
I say, good for her. Bravo She has 8 children to support, and will probably never a get a dime from that deadbeat ex.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,155,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. I used to have that dilema but Idol is so shockingly bad this year I just cant bear to watch it. DWTS is where I'll be.
Ha!

I spent last night with my finger on the remote switching between baseball, DWTS and American Idol. Tuesday nights are tough for me...even more so now that baseball has begun. The good news is that I only like 3 of the contestants left on American Idol so I can flip over and watch DWTS when the ones I don't like are on.

So...Buzz went home. I suppose it's for the best only because he truly can't dance, but it's a shame that Ashley will be gone too. I think she was running out of "gentle" choreography. Anyhoo...I liked Buzz's farewell speech last night...I always appreciate it when people go out with class.

The even better news was the Jake (who I dislike nearly as much as Kate) was in the bottom 2. Hee hee.

A few things from last night's show.

First, I LOVED that dance between Chelsie and Derek with Mark on the guitar. That was really cool. I have a preference for Latin dances and having spent some time in Spain, that guitar music brought back some excellent memories.

Second, did anyone really buy that story that Erin and Kate spend "all week texting each other"? Puhleeze. I did catch the comments about how everyone practices at the same dance studio except Kate who only comes into town from Sunday to Tuesday. Again...we've got astronauts, Olympic medalists, actors, singers, etc and it's only Kate who can't keep the schedule? I know she's got kids...that's my point of why she shouldn't be on the show. For the clips they show of everyone practicing, they must shoot all of them with Kate only on Sunday when she graces the group with her presence. If Monday is showtime and Tuesday is results, the only time for the editors to get footage of Kate being part of the group (which we know she's not) is on Sundays. Everyone else sees each other all week.

Twinkletoes...if I remember correctly, you train at the same studio as the DWTS group...am I right about everyone getting to know each other all week versus Kate who comes in for a "hit and run"?

Third, it sounds like the producers of DWTS are upping the ante. Everyone will now start getting judged like the Olympics...hey Evan...this should sound familiar! One score for skills, one for interpretation. I like the judges presenting challenges for the next week...I thought last week's dances were pretty good with giving us a "story." I also chuckled at the horror on Kate's face when she heard that starting next week, everything will get more challenging...she will not only be judged on the fact she can't dance but that she stomps around instead of actually interpreting the music.

Yes...I have discovered a slightly sadistic streak, but I am actually enjoying watching Kate stink up the dance floor. It's fun to watch her be uncomfortable since I watched her for 5 seasons acting like she was Queen of the World. I also thought it was funny watching her fake smile last night when she knew the camera was on her. Someone from her entourage clearly told her that her attitude was coming across as rude last week so she needed to smile. That smile reminded me of numerous family photos where the little kids are trying to hold a smile and it comes off as a smirk.

I find it interesting that Melissa was back doing segments on DWTS. I had heard they were considering her for the co-host's job before offering it to Brooke so I'm wondering why they're keeping Melissa around. I do like Melissa but it's interesting to wonder why she's being kept around...maybe to let Brooke know this is just a try-out?

Finally...Brooke looked ridiculous last night. I said it before, but I still am asking why the costume designers are making her look fat. She is clearly not fat but that dress last night made her look pregnant. They need to stop dressing her in clothes that are skin tight...this is a woman who can likely pull nearly any dress she wanted and make it look great, yet I'm starting to feel like it's a contest to see if they can make her look silly.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Ha!

Third, it sounds like the producers of DWTS are upping the ante. Everyone will now start getting judged like the Olympics..
That is because the dance performed by Nicole last week should have gotten all 10s because it was GREAT. But, they broke a few rules so she's changing the rules of the show. I hope she wins.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
It's so very difficult for the 'Hate Kate Klub' to deal with the fact that people are voting to keep her on. I'm not a Kate fan, yet feel compelled to defend her against the irrational hate and BS.
When I read manifestos that declare 'America hates her' (seriously, the entire country? ) and she will be eliminated the first week 'God willing,' (let the smiting begin) then it is obvious that people have become too involved with someone they absolutely do not know, and are heading towards the deep end. How many degrees separate this garbage from the type of lunatic sending Erin Andrews death threats?

Kate has made it to the 4th week, and will be paid at least $300,000.00
I say, good for her. Bravo She has 8 children to support, and will probably never a get a dime from that deadbeat ex.
Oh gawd...give me a break. As a member of the "I hate Kate" club...are you honestly comparing me to the psycho sending death threats to Erin Andrews? Are you really that delusional? There is a VERY big leap between "Kate annoys me" to "I want her dead" and to say that anyone on these threads is anywhere near the last is insulting and dumb.

I dislike Kate very much...she represents everything I despise about reality tv and I don't appreciate her being labeled as a "SuperMom" when she is only exploiting her children to promote herself. If you watched her show at all towards the end, you'd see that her oldest kids put signs on the door saying "No cameras". Her kids were getting sick of the show and the cameras and their last birthday party would have made you cry. The kids were allowed to invite one friend from school and they did. Kate didn't know anyone...all of the parents were in a group and Kate was running around trying to look like she was having fun...all while declaring how "annoying" the paparazzi were who were in the bushes, but making sure she had 2 different outfits to change into and she was always in full view of the cameras. Cameras, BTW, which would not have been allowed to go onto her property...so she could have thrown a birthday party for her kids WITHOUT the paparazzi showing up...but not our Kate...she had the party at a public park.

The good news for me (and bad for you since you seem to feel sorry for her) is that SHE IS TERRIBLE! I mean, not just "I've never danced before" terrible, but truly, cringe-inducing, hard to watch, not getting any better, terrible.

You think she needs $300K? You must not have ever watched her show...the show which gave them $75K PER EPISODE or her 3 appearances on the Today show when she tearfully told the entire country that her husband emptied out their bank account and she had bills in her purse that she couldn't pay without her L-I-Q-U-I-D money...$200K. You are pleased that she has made $300K? That barely pays her bills for one month! I can't generate any sympathy for someone who went from nice, hardworking mom who appreciated her army of volunteers to a woman who says "I do this all for my kids"...apparently her kids need a lifestyle that costs them $200K per month.

BTW...I am sure that not "all of America" hates her. "Hate" is probably too strong a word...and I can't generate any more emotion that annoyance for her.

That being said, Kate is the person declared by the "Vote for the Worst" crowd as the one to vote for. For every reality tv show, there is a website called Vote for the Worst that encourages people to go in and screw up the results...it happens every year on DWTS and American Idol and they DO make a difference for a while until there are more people voting for the dwindling number of contestants who are good. Kate is being kept in by the Vote for the Worst crowd. They are enjoying watching her make a fool out of herself and the saddest thing is that Kate is okay with it...buying into the theory that "any press is good press."

Anyway...I am voting for my favorites but have decided that instead of being annoyed that Kate is still on...I see her dances as comic relief. She reminds me of my uncle at my wedding...the one who actually thinks he can dance and likes to step out into the middle of the dance circle and look like he's having a seizure. Even looking like she's having a seizure would be an improvement for Kate...she just clomps around and flings her arms out at the right time. Even typing that makes me laugh. Someone else hit the nail on the head...she is that rapper Master P...who was kept on so long that Len had to beg America to stop voting for him because decent dancers were being sent home and he remained.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:30 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,653,722 times
I have not had a chance to watch any of the episodes this season, but it seems like a great cast. I was watching GMA this morning and they had Buzz on there for being the booted couple. I was thinking about how they throw a rather senior contestant in the mix. It doesn't really seem fair to them in the long run. Maybe ABC should have a special edition of DWTS and just have senior contestants, so that they would all be on equal footing.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That is because the dance performed by Nicole last week should have gotten all 10s because it was GREAT. But, they broke a few rules so she's changing the rules of the show. I hope she wins.
She is a very good dancer, I agree. But, there is a trend on DWTS that the best dancer isn't necessarily the one who wins...

Mya
Gilles
Mario
Mel B.
Sabrina

All of those dancers scored high from the beginning and none of them won.

America likes to vote for the people they like...the ones who start out decent but have a noticeable progression to "great." Nichole is a great dancer and her "10s" from the 2nd show are an indicator that Derek is going to have to work his butt off to give her excellent choreography to keep her on top. America is also going to have to remember to vote for her and not just assume someone else will.

My prediction for the final 2 are Nichole and Evan...with Evan winning at the end. I'm not sure who will be the 3rd...maybe Erin.

I always look forward to the Freestyle Night...it's my favorite and usually the "make or break" dance. "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" won Drew the trophy. Last year, I was so looking forward to Melissa and Tony's dance and it was dumb...and she took 3rd. With the freestyle, Maks and Derek could really knock it out of the park. Not so sure about Anna...I like her but her freestyle with Jerry Rice was kind of lame.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,134,735 times
I personally could not possibly care less about Kate/Krate she is simply contaminating a great show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV