Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Nicole--The P**** Cat Doll chick.................isn't she a dancer?
I thought one had to be a dancer to be a P**** Cat Doll.
Seems odd to go in with such an advantage
Well, it seems the editing software isn't going to allow us to use the "P" word, so we will have to refer to them as the PCDs.

Every season, they have a singer/dancer. Last year, Mya and Donny were it and were great from the start. It DOES give them an advantage only in that they have already had to bury their pride and dance their butts off in front of an audience, but it's still America voting and DWTS voters usually cheer for either the athlete or the person who surprises us in the end. Mya was great but Len was very hard on her and when push came to shove, America went for Donny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,539,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Everyone is complimenting Erin, and I hated her performance. She's beautiful, has beautiful lines, but she wasn't graceful at all. It was like watching a plastic Barbie Doll, for me.

And I thought Chad got cheated on his score. He deserved better than an 18.
I'm sorry but Erin did very well in her debut what without any previous dance/acting experience, this was way above anything she has done yet.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I'm sorry but Erin did very well in her debut what without any previous dance/acting experience, this was way above anything she has done yet.
I think she shows potential and nearly everyone has a hard time dancing around on those dumb shoes. It takes a few epis until they get into their groove and the fact that Erin's job is to stand on a field/court and talk about sports to the camera means that she doesn't have any experience dancing on a stage in leave-nothing-to-the-imagination-clothes or looking graceful on ice skates. I was impressed with her and think she and Maks will do very well.

BTW, did anyone vote last night? For the first few episodes, I always vote for those I think may be in danger (but I don't want them to be). I am in no way fearing for Evan or Niecy or Nicole or Pam. I used my votes for Chad, Shannen and Erin. We'll see what happens. In a few weeks, I'll start voting for the people I actually want to win. My daughter just likes to hear the British voice on the line that says very properly..."thank you for voting for Chad and Cheryl."

Old 03-23-2010, 02:21 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,061 times
I am focused on the dancing, some sucked and some did well for the first night.

Last edited by Beretta; 03-23-2010 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: quoted post has been deleted

Old 03-23-2010, 02:24 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Let me just give a resounding "HOORAY!" I love DWTS. I don't know why...there ARE other great shows out there, but for some reason, I just love this one.

Tom is back...funny as ever...love the quip about the British Space Program and him saying that Edyta's dress "was one wind gust away from a FCC violation." Awesome.

Brooke did fine. She didn't have big shoes to fill...Samantha was terrible. I predict she will grow into her role and do better as the show goes on. But, I must be catty here...can someone please x-nay those dresses that plunge down to the bellybutton? Clearly Brooke has a great body but the boob-placement that must go into the dress (not including the tape) is annoying...no one's chest looks like that in real life. Moving on...

1. Chad and Cheryl. Good start. Cheryl always does great with athletes and Chad doesn't seem to be intimidated to shake his tail. Not sure why they had to go first...America has a very short attention span and usually the first slot is the "kiss of death."

2. Shannen and Mark. Love Mark. Shannen did okay...her reputation precedes her and then she goes and cries about her dad (who wouldn't?) and then the things we've all heard about her get blown out of the water. They did fine, but again, too bad they were at the beginning of the show because I think people will forget. Hopefully there are enough Mark fans to pull her through.

3. Erin and Maks. They are Barbie and Ken. Thought it was funny that she said, "I asked for Tony." Hee hee. Maks loves himself (and rightfully so) so it was a good way for her to put him in line a little. She's a good dancer, very pretty, and I am rooting for her because of what happened to her in that hotel room...everyone's worst nightmare.

4. Jake and Chelsie. First, can we stop with the "I'm a pilot." No, Jake, you WERE a pilot. You now own a limo company in Dallas so you can hop around from one tv show to another. I'm glad they keep showing Vienna (his fiance who was married to a military guy, emptied out his bank account when he was sent to Iraq and got a boob job before asking for a divorce...good quality girl) because it will remind America why we hate him. The good news is that he's a mediocre dancer so if America votes him off because we don't like him, it won't be a big loss.

5. Niecy and Louie. Love Niecy. I've only seen her on Clean House but think she's a hoot. She's not afraid to "shake what your mama gave you" and thought it was funny that she said that she doesn't want to lose her jiggly parts. Louie is a good teacher and has mellowed out some...he is a good partner for her and think they'll do fine.

6. Evan and Anna. Love Evan....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Evan. He is going to do great. The thing I like most about DWTS is that you just assume someone will have an easy time learning to dance. It's interesting that Evan said he is getting dizzy having to turn the opposite way he does when he skates and that Len told him he needs to dance with his toes down. Uh, Len? Figure skaters spend decades learning NOT to put their toes down (toe picks are unforgiving), so it is something he's going to have to work at.

7. Buzz and Ashley. Buzz is 80. He looks great for an 80 year old and my husband said he should go over and shake Jake's hand so Jake can see what a REAL pilot looks like. He will get the sympathy vote for a while. That's okay. Ashley looks fantastic...she was always one I liked when she was on the show a few years ago. She seems very nice and I like that she is so respectful of him.

8. Nicole and Derek. My gawd. I don't think I've ever seen the Pussycat Dolls but clearly she's the one to beat. Obviously has talent and Derek is going to give her some great choreography. Seems Len is going to treat her like he did Mya last year...overly harsh and expecting her to dance like a professional from the start...not really fair. Nicole is absolutely gorgeous. Does anyone know what her background is? She looks Hawaiian to me.

9. Aiden and Edyta. "Hungry Like the Wolf." Good grief. Edyta is still wearing clothes that no one but her could pull off. Please, God...when I die, I'd like to have Edyta's body when I get to come back. Aiden seemed like he would have potential but alas, no. The English accent is good though...hopefully people (meaning MEN) will vote to keep Edyta on so Aiden can make improvements.

10. Kate and Tony. I am literally cheering that Kate stinks. It would have been hard to argue with people who don't understand my severe dislike of her and what she represents if she could dance well. Love that she has about as much enthusiasm for dancing as she does for, say, a root canal. The line about her being nervous is a bunch of bull. Nervous does not equal annoyed. She doesn't want to do this show...she is being forced by her PR people to endure it to see how America responds to her, which will in turn, give her more negotiating room for her own show. Her fake smile, that obnoxious laugh and her statement about "doing it for all the moms out there" is like pouring lemon juice in a cut for me. As a mom, I find her insulting and am glad her days are numbered.

11. Pam and Damian. Who knew that Pam could dance? My God, is she a teenage boy's fantasy or what? "Sex on a stick" as my nephew would say. Not sure who Damian is...maybe someone who was on Australia's DWTS? That's where they got Kim. Did anyone else think she was drunk and/or on something afterwards? When she went to do the interview with Brooke, she kept reaching down between her cleavage...and then she was moving her head around and not making eye contact. Anyhoo...she was the surprise of the evening. Thought Carrie was so funny when she said, "it was all just a little much."

My prediction for next week (I think 2 dancers will hit the road). Kate and Shannen will go first (though I'd rather see Jake go before Shannen). As soon as Jake and Kate go, I can settle in and enjoy the rest of the season.

Erin, Evan and Nicole will be the ones who bring the show up to a whole other level. Erin was the surprise for me...I knew that Evan and Nicole would be good, but Erin has some abilities and with Maks as her partner, she may be this season's Stacy Kiebler.
My thoughts as well, you just said it for me

Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,563,354 times
Quote:

11. Pam and Damian. Who knew that Pam could dance? My God, is she a teenage boy's fantasy or what? "Sex on a stick" as my nephew would say. Not sure who Damian is...maybe someone who was on Australia's DWTS? That's where they got Kim. Did anyone else think she was drunk and/or on something afterwards? When she went to do the interview with Brooke, she kept reaching down between her cleavage...and then she was moving her head around and not making eye contact. Anyhoo...she was the surprise of the evening. Thought Carrie was so funny when she said, "it was all just a little much."
Pam looked and acted a little coked up to me. If I had to guess I'd say it was that and not liquor. LOL!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 PM

31 posts, read 19,596 times
This is a good review...I was inspired by this to put down my own review of this years DWTS.
Quote:
Let me just give a resounding "HOORAY!" I love DWTS. I don't know why...there ARE other great shows out there, but for some reason, I just love this one.

Tom is back...funny as ever...love the quip about the British Space Program and him saying that Edyta's dress "was one wind gust away from a FCC violation." Awesome...
Reviews:
Brooke Burke: Better than the chick from last year, but she seems off in some way, not sure what. For a mom of 4, she looks hot. Talk about MILF.

1. Chad and Cheryl: I'm not an Ochocinco fan, but I think he'll be better than the best receiver of all time, Jerry Rice, was. He's got skills and seems to be taking it seriously.

2. Shannen and Mark: Gotta love her attempt at masking all her bad publicity with her sobby Dad story. She wasn't good and wont be.

3. Erin and Maks: RINGER ALERT Erin Andrews was a University of Florida Dazzler (Dance team) for 4 years. Obviously she will be around for a while. Her sob story (stalker) will also help her with votes...like from the person who wrote the above review!

4. Jake and Chelsie: "The Bachelor" is beyond trash TV, so I never saw this guy in anything other than a promo, but he was stiff and awkward...and I thought he was one of the worst of the night.

5. Niecy and Louie: I didn't remember who she was at first when I heard her name, but then I realized that she was that hilarious lady from Reno 911. She's awesome and she's got decent moves.

6. Evan and Anna: RINGER ALERT Figure skaters have a distinct advantage because they've been training to perform a choreographed routine to music in front of live crowds AND judges for their entire lives. Also, how gay is he? That whole Nastia Lukin thing is BS, she's clearly a beard for him...there are straight figure skaters, but this guy is clearly not one of them. FWIW, I love gay people and support them politically...I just made that observation last night after seeing him in DWTS.

7. Buzz and Ashley: I am a huge NASA fan, but Buzz shouldn't be in this competition. He's too old and fragile and I don't want to see him get hurt...or have a heart attack when Pam Anderson touches him. I hope he goes early because I don't want any harm to come to a national hero.

8. Nicole and Derek: RINGER ALERT She's stunning, but she's also a trained dancer of numerous styles, her life has been choreography and performing in front of crowds.
BTW, she's Filipino-Russian-Hawaiian...which is one reason why I'm dating a Filipino-Hawaiian girl with my Russian blood, hot kids :-)

9. Aiden and Edyta: Never heard of the guy, he's a bad dancer, he's gone.

10. Kate and Tony: Gotta agree about hating Kate. I can't stand her either. When my GF would watch her show, I'd clean the litterbox in the back of the house so I wouldn't have to hear her constant nagging and complaining. I'd choose to shovel cat poop over trying to ignore the TV while playing computer games. At least with "The Kardashians", "Real Housewives of Orange County" and "Girls Next Door" there are hot women to look at...she's also a bad dancer, but her popularity will keep her around.

11. Pam and Damian: Pam has been my fantasy girl for like 15 years, so having her on this show is freaking awesome. The fact that her boisterous personality shines through in her dancing is even better, it means she'll last a lot longer than Kim Kardashian and Holly Madison did as the hottie of the group. Pam may be older, but she's aged well for a plastic Barbie, she still looks relatively human, considering her plasticity.

That is all!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:56 PM

31 posts, read 19,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
She was a member of the University of Florida Dazzlers Dance Team and has been dancing her whole life, as a cheerleader in HS and also doing other styles as well. She's the ringer of the season like that Reality TV girl who was a Professional Cheerleader...

Old 03-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Pam looked and acted a little coked up to me. If I had to guess I'd say it was that and not liquor. LOL!
YES!!! There was something not right with her afterwards. She was acting really weird.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTroyMcClure View Post
This is a good review...I was inspired by this to put down my own review of this years DWTS.
Reviews:
Brooke Burke: Better than the chick from last year, but she seems off in some way, not sure what. For a mom of 4, she looks hot. Talk about MILF.

1. Chad and Cheryl: I'm not an Ochocinco fan, but I think he'll be better than the best receiver of all time, Jerry Rice, was. He's got skills and seems to be taking it seriously.

2. Shannen and Mark: Gotta love her attempt at masking all her bad publicity with her sobby Dad story. She wasn't good and wont be.

3. Erin and Maks: RINGER ALERT Erin Andrews was a University of Florida Dazzler (Dance team) for 4 years. Obviously she will be around for a while. Her sob story (stalker) will also help her with votes...like from the person who wrote the above review!

4. Jake and Chelsie: "The Bachelor" is beyond trash TV, so I never saw this guy in anything other than a promo, but he was stiff and awkward...and I thought he was one of the worst of the night.

5. Niecy and Louie: I didn't remember who she was at first when I heard her name, but then I realized that she was that hilarious lady from Reno 911. She's awesome and she's got decent moves.

6. Evan and Anna: RINGER ALERT Figure skaters have a distinct advantage because they've been training to perform a choreographed routine to music in front of live crowds AND judges for their entire lives. Also, how gay is he? That whole Nastia Lukin thing is BS, she's clearly a beard for him...there are straight figure skaters, but this guy is clearly not one of them. FWIW, I love gay people and support them politically...I just made that observation last night after seeing him in DWTS.

7. Buzz and Ashley: I am a huge NASA fan, but Buzz shouldn't be in this competition. He's too old and fragile and I don't want to see him get hurt...or have a heart attack when Pam Anderson touches him. I hope he goes early because I don't want any harm to come to a national hero.

8. Nicole and Derek: RINGER ALERT She's stunning, but she's also a trained dancer of numerous styles, her life has been choreography and performing in front of crowds.
BTW, she's Filipino-Russian-Hawaiian...which is one reason why I'm dating a Filipino-Hawaiian girl with my Russian blood, hot kids :-)

9. Aiden and Edyta: Never heard of the guy, he's a bad dancer, he's gone.

10. Kate and Tony: Gotta agree about hating Kate. I can't stand her either. When my GF would watch her show, I'd clean the litterbox in the back of the house so I wouldn't have to hear her constant nagging and complaining. I'd choose to shovel cat poop over trying to ignore the TV while playing computer games. At least with "The Kardashians", "Real Housewives of Orange County" and "Girls Next Door" there are hot women to look at...she's also a bad dancer, but her popularity will keep her around.

11. Pam and Damian: Pam has been my fantasy girl for like 15 years, so having her on this show is freaking awesome. The fact that her boisterous personality shines through in her dancing is even better, it means she'll last a lot longer than Kim Kardashian and Holly Madison did as the hottie of the group. Pam may be older, but she's aged well for a plastic Barbie, she still looks relatively human, considering her plasticity.

That is all!
This cracked me up...I had flashbacks of hanging out with frat guys. "Chicks" "Hot" "MILFs" "He's Gay"...brings me back to college.

That being said...sorry but I don't think Evan is gay. Figure skating, of all sports, is one where it's okay to be gay. America loves Scott Hamilton and no one cares if he or Brian Boitano were gay. It didn't hurt them any and if Even is gay, it wouldn't hurt him either. I don't really care if he is gay or not...I am a big fan because of his interviews after he won the gold medal. He showed class and really made that Russian guy out to be a tantrum-throwing moron without saying anything negative.

BTW, thanks for the info on Erin...I didn't know she was a previous dancer. Regardless, she is going to do fine and with Maks' help, she'll be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV