Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 09:06 AM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
do you guys think on next week's show that Gordon gets a phone call about a private family issue? I don't know why I thought that but I do. I wonder if he tells them he has to leave, maybe for only a short time, and puts someone else in charge.
Thoughts?
That may be the case and they edited the preview to look misleading. He closed HK down....for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewally View Post
This show has become too formulaic. That seems to be the pattern of all reality tv shows (the ones I watch anyway)-they pare down to a set formula and lose the freshness that attracted viewers to begin with-the shows get very pat and predictable.
That's why I stopped watching survivor several seasons ago. NOt only are the challenges and such the same, the setting they are in is always similar, AND they choose the same "cast" of characters. If survivor had a truly random group of qualified people, it might be more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
I hope Robert is the next to go, his comments are starting to get annoying. Also, Ben needs to go to - he talks a lot of crap for someone who fails on almost everything.
It amazes me that Ben still says he is the best of the 3 on the blue team in interviews. Just goes to show his ego is mightier than his cooking skills are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewally View Post
Also...I wish it had been Andrea instead of Carol going. Of the two, I liked Carol better.
Me too. I know Carol got really whiney, especially toward the end, but I think she actually is a better cook than Andrea. Andrea talks the talk, but can't walk the walk imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,061,104 times
I don't see Andrea as much of a team player. What idiot creates a dish and leaves the shell on for the customer to take off? I know when I go to a fine dining establishment and order lobster or crab, I don't want to risk dirtying my nice clothes struggling with shells. The waitstaff always does this for me. Now if it's Red Lobster, that's a different story. Her teammates crab dishes just looked so much nicer than her dish.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,694,729 times
I can't stand to look at that stupid donkey andrea any more.

Ben is a clown who somehow keeps surviving.

We'll see what happens next week, but Hell's Kitchen has a new season lined up for July.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:40 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,769 times
I'm sure a lot of them can cook but it's hard to do it with the extreme pressure of GR yelling at them, calling them names and constantly sending back their dishes if they aren't up to his standards. It throws them off and causes them to make even more mistakes because they get so flustered. Of course, that's why it's called "Hell's Kitchen."

I think it will come down to Danny and Paula, with Danny winning.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,061,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
I'm sure a lot of them can cook but it's hard to do it with the extreme pressure of GR yelling at them, calling them names and constantly sending back their dishes if they aren't up to his standards. It throws them off and causes them to make even more mistakes because they get so flustered. Of course, that's why it's called "Hell's Kitchen."

Well ... if they can't stand the heat (GR yelling) then they shouldn't be in the kitchen!

I am used to working with people like Gordon Ramsey - without the name calling, of course. And the people I've worked for didn't necessarily have a valid reason to yell - they just liked to yell for the hell of it. Gordon, on the other hand, has reasons to yell. He has high standards, and if you can't meet those standards, you are incompetent. I agree with the things Gordon yells about. You can't take the yelling personally. You have to take it as a learning tool and work with it.

Let's face it - how many times has he had to yell about the Risotto? After the first yelling these people should have gotten it right. But they didn't - they kept screwing it up, week after week. I can see why he gets frustrated with those donkeys!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,257,310 times
Does anyone else find it funny the way Ramsey says "Stupid"? : "Are you Stewpid?"

Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,421,204 times
Was shocked last night when Carol got the boot. I was hoping it was sweaty Ben. I can't stand listening to him anymore, he so annoying along with back stabbing Andrea.

I loved it when Ramsey told the lady diner to f off. I couldn't believe she didn't leave, just went back to the table and sat down.

Robert riding that bike was a ****. He was to heavy to ride the segway so another win and he couldn't do it because of his weight.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 AM

563 posts, read 1,026,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
do you guys think on next week's show that Gordon gets a phone call about a private family issue? I don't know why I thought that but I do. I wonder if he tells them he has to leave, maybe for only a short time, and puts someone else in charge.
Thoughts?
Yes, it did look like a personal call Chef Ramsey received. Here's my thought: Chef Ramsey has to leave for a few episodes and is replaced with Chef Marco Pierre White from Chopping Block! How's that for a weird twist? (NBC, in their infinite wisdom, chose to cancel Chopping Block in the middle the competition.) OR, as some previous posters noted, Chef Ramsey closes HK this go around because none of them are worthy of being executive chef. I think so far the only one with potential is Danny. He always seems to know what he's talking about, appears professional, and is a good worker. The biggest reason I like him is because he seems like a stand-up guy with integrity, and now days that is not always easy to find. At least, I guess???!!!

Last edited by whatnow; 04-03-2009 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,640,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post

I think they can cook, but I don't think any of them are chefs.

And if you notice, GR doesn't start yelling and cursing right away, but he loses it after the first stupid mistake. Seriously, you should not be in a cooking competition if you can't make spaghetti. None of them appear to taste their food before serving it. The worse was Ben this week when he was prepping the steaks - he couldn't even cut them the same size! And GR wasn't even in the kitchen when they prep!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,927,965 times
Absolutely. Ben is awfully quick to take the lead and set the example. Too bad it's the bad example. He can't prep, he can't cook, he can't take any criticism, and he just is just way too proactive without having a clue.

As glad as I am to see Carol hit the bricks (and it was funny how GR did it), I doubt Andrea will last much longer. She doesn't add much to the kitchen. She too finds no fault in her cooking or her actions. I'm also getting tired of when every other camera shot of her looks like this --->

Robert would be a good chef if he lost some major weight (mobility & stamina) and lost a matching dose of attitude. Bobby, you're not street credible. Stop with the "cool / tough" guy act.

Gio laid low last night. I think he's a dark horse. We'll see.

But honestly, I agree it's a horse race between Danny and Paula. Danny needs to clean up his look (hair/bandana/etc) and Paula needs to make herself visible. She blends into the background very easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV