Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:48 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,601 times

Advertisements

Or has stayed with you?

I've watched a lot of tv over the years and had many favorite shows. One of my favorites was ER and it's from that show my favorite episode comes from.

It was the first year's 20th episode and called Love's Labour Lost. It centered around Dr. Greene and a later-term pregnant woman that ends up in the ER. It had such an impact on me primarily because now having a baby seems like such a natural thing that we forget how dangerous it can be for the mother and/or child. It also affected me personally as my sister almost died giving birth to my nephew. He was fine but it was a close call for her.

I remember going to work the next day and all the women were talking about it.

So is there one episode of any show that has impacted you or become your all-time favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,889,083 times
I'll never forget the episode where Dr. Greene died, and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was playing.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,646,601 times
Every time I hear that song I think of that episode. I actually got it off ITunes because I love that version of it.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Both of those ER episodes are wonderful. One of mine would be Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Season 3 "Monogamy" with special guest John Ritter. His performance was completely captivating, especially the court room scene.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:49 PM

609 posts, read 1,260,654 times
there was an episode of CSI las vegas where a girl gets murdered and she looks exactly like sarah, i love watching grissom go through that, even though it was sad, he had to admit how he felt to the person who had killed her, how he related to the guy in a way...i dont know, it was just a killer episode.

the last episode of roseanne, where it was all a book, and how she had to deal with losing dan...a lot of people hated it, a lot of people i know hated the series after they won the lottery, but that last episode gets me everytime. it was really thoughtful to me, the way it was done.

the last episode of the golden girls where dorothy gets married. i think it was beautifully done, and i love how stan got included with his goodbye.

the greys anatomy season finale where denny died. although i sobbed uncontrollably for like an hour...that was great tv. i still miss denny.

clearly, i love tv lol...theres a few more. the last episode of that 70's show, and the last episode of the oc. i guess i like last episodes lol.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,805,417 times
My favorite of the Office - the Diversity episode.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,507 times
Those two epis of "ER" were fabulous. I balled my eyes out when Mark Greene died.

I cried again when during the final few episodes Rachel, Mark's daughter came back to County as a med student. I guess Mark really did "fix Rachel".

My most memorable TV episode is from Sex and the City and it's when Carrie Bradshaw breaks up with Aiden after having the affair with "Big".

Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
The "Three's Company" episode where Jack promises to attend Janet's birthday party but skips out when he goes out on a date with Mr. Roper's hot niece. Then later he makes up to Janet by buying back her Grandma's wedding ring from the pawn shop. Hug-hug, cry-cry, kiss-kiss, everything is allright again. I miss the old days of TV when things were simple like that.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
There are any number of MASH episodes that I will always remember.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
One of my favorites was Mad about you. The episode they did in one shot, commercial free, outside the babies bedroom and they let her cry it out instead of going in and picking her up!

I even made my wife watch that one on youtube one day when I found she had never seen it lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV