Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,301,225 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna give this one to the SS due to their brutal nature and high level of discipline. The flammenwerfer might be the game changer. Anyone think the VC will win?

Nazis Play With Fire | SPIKE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 05:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,688,653 times
I was thinking the viet cong. If the USA cant beat them then how will the SS beat them? I wonder if they will simulate the fight using guerilla warfare. If so they viet cong definitley take the cake.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I was thinking the viet cong. If the USA cant beat them then how will the SS beat them? I wonder if they will simulate the fight using guerilla warfare. If so they viet cong definitley take the cake.
Normally I'd agree on that basis, but the VC didn't have the Soviet Union fighting against them, but rather helping them by supplying the ubiquitous AK as well as SKS rifles by the boatload. Also, the SS are the ones fighting, not the Wehrmacht or the Nazi army as a force. The VC are probably more dedicated, but the flamethrower can easily disable booby traps. It should be good and definitely controversial.

Last edited by summers73; 05-18-2010 at 06:24 AM..

Old 05-18-2010, 07:12 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,688,653 times
I sometimes dont always agree with the "judges" on DW when they decide who gets the edge in certain weapons categories. I also dont know how accurate their simulation program is. They never really show what criteria the simulation software runs with and how its programmed. I know its just a show but Id still like to know how their software comes up with the results.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I sometimes dont always agree with the "judges" on DW when they decide who gets the edge in certain weapons categories. I also dont know how accurate their simulation program is. They never really show what criteria the simulation software runs with and how its programmed. I know its just a show but Id still like to know how their software comes up with the results.
Yup, this is true. The simulation software is supposedly very very sophisticated, used in gaming engines and relies a lot on advanced probabilistic models such as Bayesian networks et al. As such, it's propietary and Max has mentioned that we can't get a peek. The judges' decisions on weapons plays a factor in the simulation but of course we've seen contests such as Hun vs. Alexander where the bow was the game changer even with all of the advanced weaponry that Alexander had. I think the environment has improved since Season 1 but of course there are going to be people with their own biases, plus there was a controversy with IRA vs. Taliban where the AK and AR rifle safeties were on while they were "shooting" (can't find the link but pictures proved it to be true), so staging the scenarios is always possible.

Oh well, it's at least good entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV