Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:59 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times

Advertisements

not sure if anyone else posted this (if they did, merge or delete this thread!), but here's a list of shows that have been given a near definitive renewal or axe for the upcoming season, along w/ some insights on some new upcoming shows

NBC cancels 'Law & Order' mothership, 'Chuck' to return, 'Heroes' dead - The Watcher

to summarize

-Heroes: canceled (THANK YOU GOD FINALLY!)
-Flash Forward: canceled (all that hype led to nothing. another so-called successor to LOST that was nearly D.O.A.)
-Better Off Ted: canceled (pity, I heard Portia de Rossi was awesome on that show)
-Scrubs: canceled (seriously, having the show move to a medical school w/ a new cast of med students=worst idea ever!)
-Chuck: SAVED (cool, now I can finally catch up and see why everyone I know loves this show so)
-V: saved (ditto from above)
-Law and Order: canceled (so sad, but it's lasted a good 20 seasons, so not all that sad)

some interesting new shows to come include Law and Order: LA (like I said, don't shed any tears for Dick Wolf!) and Running Wilde (I know NOTHING about this show, only that it's created by the guy that created Arrested Development. figure you can't go wrong).

enjoy and discuss hopefully (note, it's not a solid list in terms of what else may be added in terms of new shows and renewals)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 10:15 PM

867 posts, read 2,140,533 times
I thought FF was really good actually

Old 05-15-2010, 06:11 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,222,724 times
Well I'm a big Law and Order fan and loved Lupo and Green combo more than other teams in the past. The show stayed fresh through the change in detective teams. Could have kept going as far as I'm concerned.
Chuck, liked the first season but after a few shows in the second season I quit watching, bored. The previews jus make it look like its gotten dumber and dumber IMO. Should be cancelled. They should have kept REAPER instead. Now that was a good show.
The others I'm not invested in.
In June I will be watching the returning HBO shows of Hung and True Blood and Entourage - yes!
USA network - Royal Pains
There are some other things too I think and was going to start a thread to try to keep track.....

Old 05-15-2010, 06:12 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Glad I didn't waste my time watching Flash Forward. Hubby has been taping it; think he just did a marathon & got caught up, too bad.

I'm glad nothing I watch, except 24 is being canceled.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:27 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
I found a better article - Add Mercy & Trauma to the gone list

Comcast article (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/cancellation-watch-abc-axes-flashforward-renews-v/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews - broken link)

Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I found a better article - Add Mercy & Trauma to the gone list

Comcast article (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/cancellation-watch-abc-axes-flashforward-renews-v/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews - broken link)
cool. I was hoping to find one that was broken down by network. hope the networks learn from this and DON'T order a dozen new medical dramas.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:50 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,069 times
Sad to see Law & Order go. I was hoping it would get at least one more year to break Gunsmoke's record. But in an age where shows get yanked after 2 or 3 episodes before it can find an audience, it was it was good to see a show last this long. We won't see it again unless SVU keeps going.

I knew Heroes getting a season finale in February wasn't good. But it couldn't go any longer. hopefully the netowrk does rigth by it and gives it a decent send off

Glad to see Chuck return.

As an NBC loyalist I'm curious to see Comcast take the reigns to see what they can do to revive the peacock. The last few years have been horrible

Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
I can't wait for LAW & ORDER: ELEVATOR INSPECTORS UNIT.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Not surprised Better Off Ted was cancelled since it was too CARTOONISH.

I couldn't continue watching after the first season

Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,233 times
I hate that Heroes got canceled, but the writers really messed up the show the last couple of seasons. I think they could have turned around the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV