Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Loved Kyle. Just plain fun to watch.

Bristol. Total surprise. Found myself kind of cheering her on.

Rick Fox. Lucky me. I got to watch him for years when he was on the Lakers. Still goooood lookin'! And he did well, so I'm happy.

Kurt Warner. All those years of getting sacked showed but I thoroughly enjoyed him. Great to see all his kids there. Kissing Brenda at the end was a perfect touch for those of us who know the story of Kurt and Brenda the Marine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Loved Kyle. Just plain fun to watch.

Bristol. Total surprise. Found myself kind of cheering her on.

Rick Fox. Lucky me. I got to watch him for years when he was on the Lakers. Still goooood lookin'! And he did well, so I'm happy.

Kurt Warner. All those years of getting sacked showed but I thoroughly enjoyed him. Great to see all his kids there. Kissing Brenda at the end was a perfect touch for those of us who know the story of Kurt and Brenda the Marine.

Yes, Rick is easy on the eyes, for sure! Blinding white teeth too. I don't remember who divorced whom (in terms of initiating it) and don't care, but Vanessa Williams might be having a regret or two!

For those of us who don't know the Brenda/Kurt story...could you give the Cliff Notes version??

Oh, thanks (insert Nice Poster's Name here that I have forgotten) for clearing up the Bristol Suit! As I said I missed the live performance and only saw the quick recap at the end for phone lines, and thought she had changed clothes!

Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,352,111 times
I am surprised no one has mentioned Brooke's comment to Cheryl re: getting another hot guy. Meow! Cheryl seemed genuinely surprised by the remark, but it is a question that bears asking. Am I the only one who wondered why some dancers get such duds and some consistently get potential winners; ie. first Ashley got that nasty rapper, then she got Neil Armstrong. Edetya never seemed to get a break in her partners either. I wonder if that is part of the reason she left.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
I am surprised no one has mentioned Brooke's comment to Cheryl re: getting another hot guy. Meow! Cheryl seemed genuinely surprised by the remark, but it is a question that bears asking. Am I the only one who wondered why some dancers get such duds and some consistently get potential winners; ie. first Ashley got that nasty rapper, then she got Neil Armstrong. Edetya never seemed to get a break in her partners either. I wonder if that is part of the reason she left.

I think I have also mused how the matching is done...I guess SOMEONE has to dance with the duds. I do wonder if there's a get-a-dud this time get-the-fox next time "understanding" with the favorite pros...if I recall, didn't poor Cheryl get Tom DeLay?? She had to know she wasn't going too far with him! And I think she should have won a few seasons back with the French guy rather than the little gymnast (can't seem to remember any names today!!)

Old 09-21-2010, 04:51 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I was too. When I saw she was part of the cast, I mentally flashbacked to her attempts at dancing in her videos Jennifer Grey did pretty good.
brandy can "groove" but i don't remember ever seeing her really dance

i remember one season mya was on there. did she win?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, first off you don't KNOW that that's the case. Neither you nor I know if she was talked into it, pressured into it, or chose to do it on her own.

More to the point though is that it IS a LOT of pressure - and other previous contestants have mentioned that MANY MANY TIMES. They have also said MANY MANY TIMES that it was a heck of a lot HARDER than anything they expected (even seasoned professional athletes have expressed surprise as to how difficult and demanding the show is).

I'm no fan of her mother (I think Sarah Palin is a dummy) but that doesn't stop me from sympathizing with Bristol. It takes a LOT of GUTS to get up there outside of your comfort zone and compete in such a public arena - especially when at this stage you really have no clue what you are doing.

Ken
Why are you jumping me? You don't know either. The fact is, she's on the show. It's not just pressure for her, it's pressure for all of them and I wish them all well.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Why are you jumping me? You don't know either. The fact is, she's on the show. It's not just pressure for her, it's pressure for all of them and I wish them all well.
I'm not jumping on you. I do however think you being hard on her. If you were in that position you'd probably do no better. Over and over and over again the previous contestants (many of them pro athletes and olympic medalists) have remarked on just how HARD it is.

It's tough - for ALL of them.
Some are better prepared than others and she really has NO preparation at all. I really doubt you or I could do any better.

Ken

Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm not jumping on you. I do however think you being hard on her. If you were in that position you'd probably do no better. Over and over and over again the previous contestants (many of them pro athletes and olympic medalists) have remarked on just how HARD it is.

It's tough - for ALL of them.
Some are better prepared than others and she really has NO preparation at all. I really doubt you or I could do any better.

Ken
I didn't mean to come across as being hard on her. She just comes across to me as a woman who speaks her mind and will do what she wants, which is good. I never commented about her dancing, nor do I think I could do better. In fact, I know I couldn't do better. You would never see me on a stage.

I agree that some are definitely more prepared than others. When I heard Jennifer Gray was on, I thought she seems to have so much more over the others w/ her dancing talent. It really doesn't seem totally fair.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I didn't mean to come across as being hard on her. She just comes across to me as a woman who speaks her mind and will do what she wants, which is good. I never commented about her dancing, nor do I think I could do better. In fact, I know I couldn't do better. You would never see me on a stage.

I agree that some are definitely more prepared than others. When I heard Jennifer Gray was on, I thought she seems to have so much more over the others w/ her dancing talent. It really doesn't seem totally fair.
No problem.
You are right in that Jennifer Gray is better prepared. She's an odds on favorite from day 1.

Ken

Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
brandy can "groove" but i don't remember ever seeing her really dance

i remember one season mya was on there. did she win?
She attempted to dance in a couple of her videos back in the 90's...the one that comes to mind immediatley is the one with her & ray j but i can't think of the song. She attempted to dance on a couple of episodes of Moesha.

No Mya didn't win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV