Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Thanks, you guys!

Not that I've been religiously watching the show this season, but is it just me or does it seem boring or like the show has lost its pizazz?
Yes, I seem to agree, I find myself talking during the show (not to myself) lol, or getting up and doing something.....for some reason this season is really not holding my interest to much, IDK???

I look foward to the show, then when it comes on, my add kicks in.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
I'm really sad Alex had to go, I hope he'll be fine because he's an incredible dancer.
I just wonder why they had to say who the "bottom 2" were and keep the candidates wondering, since they knew from the start Alex would not come back... It was useless suspense...
I'm glad Mia apologized to Adéchiké, not the best apology in the world but at least it was something. I just think the "I love you" in the end was too much.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
I also hope Mary comes back soon. I can't hang with Mia because she looks AND acts like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. And Adam is just annoying. Never thought I'd say Nigel is the sane one in the bunch. Oh well, at least "His Buckness" isn't on there ... yet.
I agree with you on this. I used to like Mia, but now, she just comes off as being a total bit*h.

LOL at the "his Buckness" comment. I cant stand that guy but the wife likes him. I think its because she knows him and says he's a really sweet guy.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I agree with you on this. I used to like Mia, but now, she just comes off as being a total bit*h.

LOL at the "his Buckness" comment. I cant stand that guy but the wife likes him. I think its because she knows him and says he's a really sweet guy.
No ... that's not why. She likes him cuz he's ........................ (get ready for it ...) ......................... BUCK!!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:51 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

I like him because he is part of the hip hop world and kids respect him, he chooses to speak with intelligence, and that helps kids think reading and education is cool. I don't know him, but I'm not surprised to hear he is sweet. He can be long winded and talk in circles sometimes, but I like that he is a positive influence. I live in Detroit and I know that the inner city kids who love hip hop benefit from someone like him.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Really, I like everyone on the show, except Mia. I just think she's evil and mean-spirited. Mary is annoying with the screaming, but I know Mary personally, so I like her. I just make fun of Lil' C because of the "buckness", Adam is annoying because he's just too emotional and maudlin, Toni Basil, when she's on, is annoying because she's just on a different planet, Nigel gets too pervy sometimes, and a lot of times I think the judges just agree with each other rather than say what they really want to say.

Having said all that ... I didn't see the show last night, so I HOPE it got tivo'd and all that monster truck crap my kids have on "record series" didn't trump my show! Guess I'll find out tonight.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
I like the chick with the crazy mohawk hair..Sonya. She would be better than Mia. Mia has the personality of a rattlesnake.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
So, another injured candidate... but they didn't tell us exactly what was wrong, and she wasn't even there, so I wonder if she'll be able to come back...
As for the show itself, I found it really entertaining, there were some interesting routines.
I didn't get it when Mia said Robert's disco was not male enough - hello, she had said earlier that the routine with Kent and the all star (the baseball stuff) was very male, hum, not at all dear, I found it a little feminine at times... Anyway...
And I'm fed up with the judges' constant criticism of Jose, "you're not good enough", "you're not trained enough" "your only asset is your smile" blah blah... But who chose him to be in the top 11? (top 11 that, by the way, should have been a top 10, and hello! an extra guy!). If he's not good enough, then he shouldn't have been asked to take the stage in the first place! Of course, he's no Alex or Billy, but he's not lame either. I'm glad his second routine was excellent.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:10 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Really, I like everyone on the show, except Mia. I just think she's evil and mean-spirited. Mary is annoying with the screaming, but I know Mary personally, so I like her. I just make fun of Lil' C because of the "buckness", Adam is annoying because he's just too emotional and maudlin, Toni Basil, when she's on, is annoying because she's just on a different planet, Nigel gets too pervy sometimes, and a lot of times I think the judges just agree with each other rather than say what they really want to say.

Having said all that ... I didn't see the show last night, so I HOPE it got tivo'd and all that monster truck crap my kids have on "record series" didn't trump my show! Guess I'll find out tonight.
yes, I am with you on this...... Mia must have take serious mean pills this season.
I miss Mary too, she was so much fun on the show. The best was Dominic & Jose did a street dance, it was really good!!

Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I LOVED the dance where ( you guys fill in the names ) he used his feet to help her walk !

Stunningly beautiful dance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV