Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:07 PM

7 posts, read 12,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMexicano View Post
Mexican has been popular worldwide for a long time. I bet you will find More people who know and like Mexican food world wide then you will find Peruvian food. Mexican food is a Billion Dollar industry and it will always be the strongest but I won't tell you why. You will have to figure it out for yourself.
The mexican food known worldwise is the American version tex-mex, it is not authentic mexican. So dont confuse between them too...Having a superpower next door has boosted mexican cuisine through american franchises but peruvian cuisine is gaining a foothold thru their gourmet high end version..Since when did UNESCO decided to enter the gastronomy world so then italian, chinese, spanish food are considered second best because UNESCO say so..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
To answer the question Puerto Rican food and Caribbean food is very different from Mexican food. It is bland with no spices and they love their Platanos. They put Bananas in everything.

That is South American B.S Peruvian food has never rivaled Mexican food and probably never will.
Since when? Caribbean food, particularly non-Hispanic, is FULL of spices. It makes Mexican food seem more on the milder end. Find yourself down to Trinidad, and you'll really get a taste of flavor and spice.

Platanos? Please...try curry veggies, bhaji, callaloo, veggie chow mein...

Old 03-06-2015, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,053 times
Dude get over yourself. Not everyone likes Mexican food. This is why its known to be so cheap. "Quiero TacoBell. LOL. and I agree with the other post. Peruvian food is 10 better than Mexican in every way.

Quote:
Mexican has been popular worldwide for a long time. I bet you will find More people who know and like Mexican food world wide then you will find Peruvian food. Mexican food is a Billion Dollar industry and it will always be the strongest but I won't tell you why. You will have to figure it out for yourself.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
God, such subjectivity passed as the gospel. There is good Mexican food and bad Mexican food. Good Peruvian food and bad Peruvian food. There is even good Tex-Mex, believe it or not, it is just that Tex-Mex has been commodified and distributed to the world as a cheap 'fast food' so it has a bad reputation.

At any rate, PR food is nothing like Mexican and is closer in ingredients and technique to other Caribbean cuisines, as already noted. The Caribbean is very different from the mainland of North and Central America.

My favorite PR restaurants are in the Bronx. One day I need to go to the island to taste it from the source, though.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:24 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColomboUSA View Post
Dude get over yourself. Not everyone likes Mexican food. This is why its known to be so cheap. "Quiero TacoBell. LOL. and I agree with the other post. Peruvian food is 10 better than Mexican in every way.
The bolded part of your statement tells me that you don't really know what Mexican food is. Tex-Mex doesn't cut it.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Peruvian food is considered some of the best worldwide, which is why Peruvian-themed restaurants are becoming so popular around the world. Mod edit
I LOVE Peruvian food!

While not the best Peruvian food I've experienced (still very good), I enjoy eating at Pio Pio in NYC every chance that I get: http://www.piopio.com/

Old 03-07-2015, 01:34 PM

10 posts, read 12,383 times
Good posts above. Accrate descripions. I have been here 6 months, from the midwest and I personally find the food great! at both at the homes and the resteraunts. But... A lot of it is fried, and is so good I overdid it. I have gained 10 pounds and cholesterol is up !!!

Old 03-12-2015, 05:42 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The bolded part of your statement tells me that you don't really know what Mexican food is. Tex-Mex doesn't cut it.
taco bell isnt texmex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories