Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:46 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,518,561 times

Advertisements

Finally all the truth is coming out.....!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSXDAOy61WY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 12:22 PM

199 posts, read 141,191 times
Mexie talks about something similar in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czJ9dYoHaZc

Old 02-24-2018, 04:25 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jate88 View Post

I stop watching the video after 10 minutes since she is being naive or disingenuous. The reason Puerto Rico took over 5 months to restore power to everybody has nothing to do with the federal government or federal response and everything to do with the Puerto Rican government and Electric power company agency which is owned by the Puerto Rican government and very corrupt people.

The Federal government doesn't manage or control the power company in P.R......everybody knows that the power grids had to be replaced in the whole island and updated over 40 years ago and they didn't. It's one of the most corrupt agencies in P.R. if not the most corrupt and that is saying a lot because there is tough competition from other agencies.

You can't compare the recovery in P.R. to the states because no state has the dysfunctional and corrupt electric power service agency like Puerto Rico and the states have a better economy, a better functional state and local governments and a better private sector......you put all that together and everybody knew the recovery in P.R. was going to take longer than other states regardless how much money the feds give.

The U.S. gives billions of dollars in aid every year for the Puerto Rican government to manage. It's not for the lack of federal aid. Then you have to ask yourself what is the politicians in P.R. doing with the money and why do they have a 120 billion debt (including government pensions).

Something this woman never goes into debt and investigate......it's all the U.S.A's fault and capitalism,.........please, she can fool the outsiders but she can't fool the Puerto Ricans who were born and raised there that knows better.

The U.S. is not perfect but there is something wrong when the P.R. government can't account for over 80 billion dollars and can't explain why their agencies are so dysfunctional in crisis and non-crisis and why they can't reform.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:41 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,234,244 times
At least you gave it 10 minutes,..her condescending 'know it all' attitude wore me down in about 3 minutes.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
If Puerto Rico gets their Power service together, clean out the corruption and weasels out and reform their local agencies the next time there is a hurricane they will have a better response and faster recovery time on top of the federal aid they always get.

I'm not a big fan of Cuba but the New York Times had a good long article a few years ago how well Cuba's response is and how well prepared their people and government are when a hurricane hits their island. I will never trade Puerto Rico for Cuba but if they do something well then credit must be given.

Hurricane Tips From Cuba - The New York Times

Old 02-24-2018, 08:57 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I stop watching the video after 10 minutes since she is being naive or disingenuous. The reason Puerto Rico took over 5 months to restore power to everybody has nothing to do with the federal government or federal response and everything to do with the Puerto Rican government and Electric power company agency which is owned by the Puerto Rican government and very corrupt people.

The Federal government doesn't manage or control the power company in P.R......everybody knows that the power grids had to be replaced in the whole island and updated over 40 years ago and they didn't. It's one of the most corrupt agencies in P.R. if not the most corrupt and that is saying a lot because there is tough competition from other agencies.

You can't compare the recovery in P.R. to the states because no state has the dysfunctional and corrupt electric power service agency like Puerto Rico and the states have a better economy, a better functional state and local governments and a better private sector......you put all that together and everybody knew the recovery in P.R. was going to take longer than other states regardless how much money the feds give.

The U.S. gives billions of dollars in aid every year for the Puerto Rican government to manage. It's not for the lack of federal aid. Then you have to ask yourself what is the politicians in P.R. doing with the money and why do they have a 120 billion debt (including government pensions).

Something this woman never goes into debt and investigate......it's all the U.S.A's fault and capitalism,.........please, she can fool the outsiders but she can't fool the Puerto Ricans who were born and raised there that knows better.

The U.S. is not perfect but there is something wrong when the P.R. government can't account for over 80 billion dollars and can't explain why their agencies are so dysfunctional in crisis and non-crisis and why they can't reform.
Admittedly, this is one of those few times in which I agree with this poster, Hellion. I needed no more than to skim through this video to get the gist of the messenger's point.

Puerto Rico, its people and government are completely at fault and are accountable for the failures of its weak outdated power grid, and its inability to deliver electricity to consumers 5 months later. This is equivalent to Puerto Rico's inability to incorporate Waste-to-Energy (WTE) facilities as part of its Waste Management plan of attack.

Having had the unsavory experience of debating vociferously uninformed WTE opponents for 4 years, Puerto Rico has no one but itself to blame for everything it fails to provide its residents. Barring the Jones Act, Mainland USA should not be blamed for Puerto Rico's shortcomings. Puerto Rico has and continues to dig its own hole. Personally, I have lost all faith in the land of my birth.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:44 AM

94 posts, read 65,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jate88 View Post

Communist video.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
At least you gave it 10 minutes,..her condescending 'know it all' attitude wore me down in about 3 minutes.
Do you have a problem with confident women?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:17 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,234,244 times
actually no...
I admire confident women..my wife is confident and accomplished.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could be that way?

I mean instead of spouting negativity, trolling, and in general living up to your chosen screen name here.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:31 AM

The woman - Mexie - in that video is strong and confident and accomplished. The only problem with Mexie is that she's a commie, and wrong about everything she says. But you zeroed in on her attitude? Something says you got issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories