Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 06:48 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

I know this is a longshot...but I REALLY want to get this recipe.

While in St Lucia this past Feb, we took a tour of the island and one of the stops we were given two large, fat almost vanilla/sugar cookies. They are rock hard, and we were not hungry, so I did not eat them at the time but stuck them in our bag.

Well, THESE ARE AWESOME COOKIES for anyone liking a not really sweet, rock hard (almost biscotti) type of cookie and I would LOVE the recipe.

Have done research online, but not finding it. Does ANYONE have the recipe, or even know what they are called???

Would appreciate any help anyone in the VI or islands could provide...you are my last hope at getting this info until I can return to St Lucia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
You can try this guy: YouTube - acidezyns's Channel
I am posting his youtube profile. He's from Saint Lucia and some animations in patois that are hilarious. Since that's his home country, he may be able to help you with the recipe or at least the name of the cookie.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Contact the tour company and ask them the name of that business and contact them and ask for the recipe.
Good Luck

Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I know this is a longshot...but I REALLY want to get this recipe.

While in St Lucia this past Feb, we took a tour of the island and one of the stops we were given two large, fat almost vanilla/sugar cookies. They are rock hard, and we were not hungry, so I did not eat them at the time but stuck them in our bag.

Well, THESE ARE AWESOME COOKIES for anyone liking a not really sweet, rock hard (almost biscotti) type of cookie and I would LOVE the recipe.

Have done research online, but not finding it. Does ANYONE have the recipe, or even know what they are called???

Would appreciate any help anyone in the VI or islands could provide...you are my last hope at getting this info until I can return to St Lucia!
You might go to Traveltalkonline , Southern Caribbean thread, and ask about the cookie. Please post the recipe if you find it.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:23 PM

345 posts, read 1,277,515 times
Dont know about their cookies but i love their native women =)

Thank you university of the virgin islands

Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,354 times
here: [url=http://www.cookingwithpatty.com/italian/recipe/santa-lucia-cookies/]Cooking with Patty, my Italian recipe collection » Blog Archive » Santa Lucia Cookies - Pastafrolle di Santa Lucia[/url]

Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,165 times
St. Lucians call that cookie la ba bad. Jamaicans call it donkey kong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories