Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 18,693 times

Advertisements

I'm a michigan resident. I worked for a swimming pool maintence company for two years the boss became my friend in a way I beleived. Unfortunately he is shady uneducated and crooked. Here's the low down. I was his right hand man, but he looked at me as good cheap labor. He took me on road trips and one time got so mad physically closed fist hit me in the head. Out of work though. Also sent my ex gfs phone number to his out of state brother where he decided to sexually harass her thru texts messages. To get to the point I wasn't working w him one day closing a pool filling water bags the home owners water wasn't on and me not thinking at the time of the consequences took the neighbors water hose and filled the jobs water bags with her water. She came out and of course told me I was stealing her water. Called the company demanded stuff. Without warning or anything I was written up and deducted from my check 50 dollars of the reimbursement that the owners wife who's dumb as well, decided on with out taking to me. None of this was talked to thru me. The real kick in the nuts is I was working with the owner the day before and he stole the neighbors electricity to run a pump. I thought nothing of the two and did the water hose. You learn from your mistakes I giess. I stupidly signed the write up. That night hurt my hand had to get stitches and wasn't able to work for three days he fired me on the fourth day stating he found someone else. And didn't need me anymore and now he's fighting my unemployment. Also he didn't follow equal pay nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 11:38 AM

I don't know if I should write a letter to the protest or keep quite until i fully appeal and were in court? Or will I not recieve a court date because I'm not including any evidence that is worth their time to make a court case out of? He didn't Fire me because of the theft he fired me because I was injured during his busy season. And out of spite fired me.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:05 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,089,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmill View Post
I don't know if I should write a letter to the protest or keep quite until i fully appeal and were in court?
Keep quiet. MI has a free advocate program and many are very good. When you get this to a hearing, if it even goes that far, get an advocate and let the advocate tell you what to say at your hearing.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:23 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
So, now there's a whole new situation in addition to the one he posted about on 1/29? Pretty hard to tell what's going on with this OP, as he posted this on 1/29/2015:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmill View Post
Chyvan, Michigan resident same situation as the others.

I'm going on approximently a month without bennefits received. My situation with work was I was I got injured out side of work, dropped a drs. Note off for three days and that Saturday hence it happened on a Wednesday

I was fired found another job in the meantime got sick had to get surgerey crazy lady fired me for that too!

So now awatiing on ajudication and still pending on the one how long does this bs go on for? We should all apply at the state I'm sure most of us uemployed could file papers! This is bs!

Old 02-17-2015, 02:36 PM

The pool guy was who I established my benefit year thru ($). I luckily found a job with stitches in my hand that Monday it was part time work. Worked there for like 3 months and had to get emergency surgerey. While being i compacitated my dad call the crazy Russian lady and she was belligerent to him and fired me. I filed an appeal. Didn't go off in a tangent. Just submitted it. Now waiting for prolly 2 months for an appeal. If anything I'll say it was an error made in good faith with the water stealing. And of course object to hearsay.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:53 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,089,688 times
Don't say anything. Get one of MI's FREE advocates. Let them do the talking for you. From the way you write, you'll ruin things for yourself. Let one of the professionals do it for you. There is NO reason for anyone to go it alone in MI (not true of other states).

Old 03-09-2015, 02:29 PM

So I requested my employers papers he sent to unemployment. Still no date for appeal hearing 10 weeks in

Old 03-19-2015, 03:05 PM

Finally got my appeal date. I was shocked to find out it will be a telephone hearing. Not pleased with it not being in person. I will be seeking advocate help as well. This system is kind of terribly ran.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:33 AM

13 posts, read 49,407 times
Mrmill,

Can you tell me how you did this I am in the process of having a phone hearing here soon and I would like a copy of this as well. I am also in the process of getting an advocate. Thanks in advance

Old 04-22-2015, 04:44 PM

as for the employee file or the appeal it's scheduled for April 27 cause the employer stayed for a hearing this is my 16th week waiting for any info. sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment