Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,142,093 times

Advertisements

I had applied the begining of last month to reopen my UI claim. I had worked the previous month but then been terminated. Prior to that, I had been claiming UI since May when I was layed off. I have not heard anything from UI except to continue claiming my weeks. I was hired for a new position last week and will be going back to work. My question is now what? Will I get compensated for the month & 1/2 I have been unemployed? When I file the next filing period & state I am employed will that terminate my new claim? What happens if this job doesn't work out? Everything has become so confusing. Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
contact the DOL

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM

Well, UI called today but I missed the call. They want to talk to me before they make their decision on reopening my case. Will call them tomorrow...however, here's the catch, I will be back to work shortly...so now what?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
When you call them, tell them you have been hired for a future job.

Only your state can decide how much money you are entitled to and if things go well, you should get that time frame of $$$ for one month and half . ( This depends on whether there is a waiting period, if any from your last job worked )

The answer to your question : If you get a full time job , then yes , your benefits should stop.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

Only your state can decide how much money you are entitled to and if things go well, you should get that time frame of $$$ for one month and half . ( This depends on whether there is a waiting period, if any from your last job worked )

The answer to your question : If you get a full time job , then yes , your benefits should stop.
Thank you!!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

Speak of the devil....about to start new job. Got my unemployment reinstated after speaking w/representative over the phone. Next claim period I will file as employed. It just tends to get a bit confusing 'cause it seems like a lot of work if the jobs don't work out & you have to refile...am I one of the only few experiencing this????

Old 10-24-2010, 11:23 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Speak of the devil....about to start new job. Got my unemployment reinstated after speaking w/representative over the phone. Next claim period I will file as employed. It just tends to get a bit confusing 'cause it seems like a lot of work if the jobs don't work out & you have to refile...am I one of the only few experiencing this????
Why aren't you thrilled that you found a job and can get off UE?

You're in FL which maxes out at $275 a week. It's not one of those states where UE can pay more than some jobs, you're not losing much to begin with.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why aren't you thrilled that you found a job and can get off UE?

You're in FL which maxes out at $275 a week. It's not one of those states where UE can pay more than some jobs, you're not losing much to begin with.

I am thrilled...however, trying to find a job, having to ask for help for expenses with a dwindling funds & waiting for the uenemployment to come in & not knowing whether or not I would be able to find a job made me anxious & depressed for a month. I was lucky. It took four weeks to find a job. Others are not so lucky. No not losing much; I didn't have much left to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment