Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 20,389 times

Advertisements

I was fired from my job in Sept 2009. Filed for unemployment. I also worked part time while getting benefits and reported all hours. I got pregnant and had a baby in April 2010. I left my PT job due to the baby. I called the UC center and told them, they said I just had to report I left due to lack of work, also true. They did not tell me leaving my PT job would effect my benefits. Well fast foreward 6 months I get a letter saying I am no longer elligible and there is an overpayment of $8,000 with EUC, and $1250 of UC benefits. The EUC is "non-fraud" the UC says "at fault." It says I can sign the waiver saying paying the EUC back will cause financial hardship in me. But that waiver info is not with the UC letter. It says I have to pay that back and can pay with installments. If the waiver is granted does it apply to all money or just the EUC?? Do I have a good chance of getting this waiver if my husband only works PT, and I have NO MONEY and LOTS of expenses, and debt (and a baby) and I just started working PT the other day...have not gotten paid yet.

AND should I appeal?? does that help my chances of the waiver? or are they seperate things completely?? They said I voluntarily left my PT job with no reason, no call back, and I was not able to work. I had NO IDEA I coulndt leave my PT job!!

Please help I am desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment