Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 06:57 AM

186 posts, read 365,587 times

Advertisements

i've been trying to call an agent here in nj..they won't even let me wait on the phone to talk to an agent..just a message saying they're getting too many calls can't take mine..keep in mind i called all day yesterday and all this morning so far. i've never had a problem in the past where it was this bad to talk to an agent...makes me wonder if they're even bothering taking the calls

i'm currently on tier 3..filed yesterday (thursday), and have 529 left on my balance (enough for one week). from the yellow notice it seems i'm not getting any more claim date reminders (bi weekly mailers). i don't know if i should claim one week later (like i have been told to by claim dates in the past) or the two weeks which the yellow letter says . but i'm worried that if i claim my benefits next week and there's an error where i have to call an agent, they don't take my call. it's ****ing annoying. just curious on what the people here would do in my situation. file next week or in 2 weeks?

Last edited by ms1234; 12-31-2010 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 AM

93 posts, read 331,549 times
i know when my tier ended and i only had one week left it went like this.

I filed regular sunday - wednesday got my full 2 week pay ( which left me with one week )

I called into CSR and they told me to file next sunday for the final week, and I got paid for that the next wednesday as well, my final week.

But then I had to wait 2 weeks to file again for my new tier , so I would file your final week so that you will be rolled over into your new tier...thats what i was told to do , but im in Pa :/

Old 12-31-2010, 07:59 AM

so since i filed yesterday, i should file next thursday? 1 week later? and then two weeks after that? i could have swearn that's how it was before when i was in this situation ..but i got a next claim date mailed to me to let me know back then..i may just do that if i can't get through..thanks for replying..if anyone else agrees or has a different suggestion, please post it..thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 11:26 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,469 times
Default New Jersey

My neighbor exhausted regular UI benefits on the 27th week and the amount remaining was less than 1 week for the w/e 12/11. Even though all previous certifications were every other Monday for 13 Mondays, the final week was claimed only 1 week after the 13th certification.

Regular UI w/e 11/27 full week benefit
Regular UI w/e 12/04 full week benefit
certify 12/06

Regular UI w/e 12/11 partial week benefit (final state benefit)
certify 12/13

EUC Tier I w/e 12/18 full week benefit
EUC Tier I w/e 12/25 full week benefit
certify 12/27 (direct deposit on 12/29)

Originally the 1st two weeks of EUC Tier I was supposed to be claimed on 12/29 but the special notice overrode that, and it was claimed on 12/27 with no problem. Nothing has been received by mail from the UI office as of yet.

I speculate that were it not for the odd 27th week with less than a weeks' balance, the claim probably wouldn't have skipped a beat.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM

621 posts, read 2,326,582 times
keep redialing this number 732 761 2029.

That's a direct line to unemployment. You will only have to redial a few times. But be prepared to hold for 30 mins.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM

93 posts, read 331,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1234 View Post
so since i filed yesterday, i should file next thursday? 1 week later? and then two weeks after that? i could have swearn that's how it was before when i was in this situation ..but i got a next claim date mailed to me to let me know back then..i may just do that if i can't get through..thanks for replying..if anyone else agrees or has a different suggestion, please post it..thanks
Yeah, my take on it was/is if you wait to file that final week then it will delay you rolling over onto your new tier...so I would do it a week early then your regularly schedules..since its only 1 week

so it should go :

full 2 week pay filed on sunday
NEXT sunday file that last weeks pay

and then you have to wait 2.5 weeks to get your first next tier check i would still call though just to make sure NJ laws aren't different then mine here in PA

Old 12-31-2010, 05:27 PM

13 posts, read 43,301 times
Ah, I see I'm not the only one with this question. Thanks to wannabe to answering in both threads. I will simply file Monday then.

So, if I'm reading right, my claim should roll over right into the Tier 1 benefits?

Last edited by bigdaddybruce44; 12-31-2010 at 05:39 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM

thanks for the responses, going to try to call an agent again the next business day just to make sure. i plan on filing this thursday for the one week balance amount i have left on tier 3. if something happens i'm going to try to call or eventually go to the unemployment office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment