Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,662 times

Advertisements

I was recently let go from my job, decided to look for work right away and in 2 months still was unable to find anything even-though it's the holiday season. My thought was that since it's the season to be jolly, I could find something in retail working part-time and hopefully things would pick back up for me after the new year... not in Des Moines, Iowa! I decided to humble my pride and file for my UI. After applying online and completing a phone interview, I have still yet to receive anything in the mail regarding my Claim and have called numerous times to speak to someone. Here's the new system: 1=english, 6=update info, 7=update & speak to rep., 3=other. For them "To better assist you", punch in your SSN, then hit 1 to confirm, a few seconds after the usual message "due to the number of callers". Simply hang up, and repeat! The new system automatically hangs up on you anyway whenever you don't punch a number in that's programmed in their prompt now, so pace yourself, it's your money, but your'e dealing with the feds.

Good luck cause I haven't had any!

Last edited by tek_savvy; 12-14-2011 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
Hi everyone,

I talked to an EDD rep. at a One-stop career center in Sacramento (Lemon) branch; she said to dial 1-800-300-5616; then when you hear the guy say ("welcome to EDD...") press "1". If you hear the guy say ("Thank you for...."), hang-up. After you press "1", listen to the entire Obama message, then press "673" or "672" (i got through using "672" code), it will immediately connect you to an EDD headquarters rep. at that point, you will enter social security#....then, the machine will tell you your wait time.

[FOR YOU INFO! JUST SHARING! I understand how frustrating it is to use the EDD phone system]
[paying it forward ]

Old 01-30-2012, 05:37 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
^^Copied your post here:

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD

Old 11-07-2012, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
I have been trying for days and just found this & it WORKED -

800-547-2058
wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep

Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Try reading post #13 above.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,028 times
Default got a hold of them!

At first i Tried the whole: wait until you hear "welcome" and press 1, and wait until the recording is done saying what it needs to, them 6, 7, 3 and enter social.. but there was too many ppl waiting so i was hung up on.

I said screw it. I called the vietnamese line pressed 1 a bunch of times (and some other random #s), got placed on a waiting line w a song playing...some one answered in vietnamese.. the lady was annoying and even though she spoke english, she wouldnt help me. I even said "you speak english, cant you help me? and then she hung up. Just gave the english #. tried calling back, got hung up on.

I said screw it again, give it another try. I called the manadrin # and some nice man answered in mandarin..and i said hello, and he said english? and i immediately got transferred to an english speaker, who helped me immediately.

Maybe its the quality of ppl working for EDD...cuz it seems like they CAN transfer and help you if they WANT to...

my advice is to call he other language #s until you can get through to a NICE person...and be NICE back and im sure theyre more willing to help!

hope it helps for u guys..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment