Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 AM

2 posts, read 21,119 times

Advertisements

Hello:

I was recently employed within a school district in Kentucky and was pretty much given an ultimatum on 1/27/11 - either resign or be terminated.

To make a long story short, I was terminated. However, I receive a Notice of Determination today saying:

Issue(s): Voluntary Quit
Date(s): 1/27/11

This is absolutely false, as I DID NOT quit. I fought to keep my job, which unfortunately I didn't, hence the termination on 1/27/10.

The letter included Statutory References which apply to the above issues: KRS 341.370(1)(c)

It later listed findings, which I don't agree with and barely comprehend.

Then of course, my major concern is the Rulings, in which is states:

RULINGS: THE CLAIMANT IS DISQUALIFIED FROM 1/23/11 AND UNTIL WORK IS PERFORMED IN COVERED EMPLOYMENT IN EACH OF TEN (10) WEEKS AND HAS EARNED TEN (10) TIMES THE WEEKLY BENEFIT RATE.

THE EMPLOYER: IN ACCORDANCE WITH KRS 341.530 (2)(3), BENEFITS PAID MUST BE REIMBURSED BY THIS EMPLOYER.

Can anybody translate this for me and tell me what the outcome is?? I really need some kind of income and hope that my benefits will be granted. Anybody, please help me out!! I would call today to find out, but I just got the letter this Friday and I don't have the patience to wait for Monday to contact someone for the translation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM

621 posts, read 2,326,896 times
it means you have to work 10 weeks and make 10x your weekly benefit rate for you to elibible to recieve unemployment benefits. You should appeal the determination

Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 AM

189 posts, read 966,986 times
I would also appeal this and see if you can gather evidence that states that you did not quit. A lot of public-sector jobs usually require you to fill out paperwork if you quit. I know at my job, which is with the city, I would have to fill out paperwork because I'm vested with a saving's plan. The same goes from when I was terminated from a job with the county.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 21,119 times
So basically you all are saying that they denied me?? Boy that sucks... I've never done unemployment before so I really don't know.

I have documentation that I HAD to sign stating that I was FIRST being suspended for the day and then later being TERMINATED on the next day. I did NOT sign anything or state that I wanted to quit. My intentions were to remain employed. So should I include those documents and claims with my appeal? Also what else should I state in the appeal? How long do appeals take place?

Thanks so much for any and all help

Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM

189 posts, read 966,986 times
Yes, definitely include it in your appeal. Include any type of document about your case as well as anything else that would prove that you didn't quit. This can also be witness statements, too.

Read over that paper that you signed and make sure there isn't anything in there that would make it sound like you quit or would be considered quitting (such as you if you agreed to do x y z and if you didn't do x y z then you would be deemed "quitting", for example).

Good luck.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Many employers routinely deny claims, whether justified or not.

By all means appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment