Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:57 PM

878 posts, read 1,653,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbgfan View Post
I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and advice and just for listening. Please keep it coming. Being out of work and not able to contribute to household expenses is unbelievably depressing. But I can't let it get me too low.
Yep... you can't. Gotta try and remain positive... I've been there and know the feeling.

What's your profession? You said you worked 6 years at McD's because the job market was bad.... what did you do before that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM

8 posts, read 18,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2k11 View Post
Yep... you can't. Gotta try and remain positive... I've been there and know the feeling.

What's your profession? You said you worked 6 years at McD's because the job market was bad.... what did you do before that?
Actually I was doing some roofing under the table. For the past 10 - 15 years all I could get are low paying restaurant jobs. I would LOVE to not have to work at restaurants any more. I have been applying all over in many different businesses just to get some income coming in. I've even printed up some flyers and passed them out to do some lawn cutting/bush trimming. Haven't gotten any calls yet. I went to the L.A. County office to apply for some openings for the county. I would rather just work than get UI but I need money. So for now I'll take what I can get. Also I would like to attend ACC and get into the surgical tech program in June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment