Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 04:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,384 times

Advertisements

I read the Unemployment FAQ sticky at the top of the page but I still have trouble understanding how EB works .

I was reading and trying to understand the comprehensive list Ariadne22 made and my brain could not comprehend .

First I read this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22
April 7 - October 13, 2012 - EB Payments cease, depending on state, regardless of balance remaining - See EB info and NELP Projected Dates by state - [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/23011159-post3.html[/url]
Then this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22
3. Extended Benefits FIX - for states triggering off EB prior to June 1, 2012: If a state has triggered off EB anytime prior to June 1, 2012, Tier IV has been expanded by an additional 10 weeks, for a total of 16 weeks, as follows:
For those states not in an EB period on 2/22, anyone collecting Tier IV or eligible for Tier IV on 2/22 gets augmented Tier IV - provided they become eligible for Tier IV not later than 5/31 and their state maintains a UE rate of 8.5%. This excludes those who exhausted Tier IV before 2/22.

Read more: [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/1461234-unemployment-faqs-euc-credit-highest-extensions.html#ixzz1rRS4KQrG[/url][/quote]

Currently I am on Tier IV of EUC benefits and I will have $66 left after this week. Will I automatically qualify for EB? I don't remember when the notification pop-ups occurred where they tell you whether you qualify for the next tier, was it the 2nd-to-last remaining payment on the tier, or the last ?

Edit - I live in Nevada, if this extra information helps. Also, I am ex-military and was on active duty orders and that's where I am applying unemployment from. I try to stay up-to-date with unemployment information but I don't know the fine line between federal / state benefits or if they are mutually exclusive (as I see people can someone be on 99 weeks of unemployment?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
The state always matters when it comes to EB. Most states are no longer paying EB and, for those that are, UE rates and trigger off dates are the variables by state. EUC Tiers I-IV and EB are federal benefits available to those who have exhausted their state benefits. They are not mutually exclusive.

The EB fix applies only to states which triggered off EB before June 1st, as the title preceding the language you quoted states:
Quote:
3. Extended Benefits FIX - for states triggering off EB prior to June 1, 2012: If a state has triggered off EB anytime prior to June 1, 2012, Tier IV has been expanded by an additional 10 weeks, for a total of 16 weeks, as follows:
Therefore, the EB fix does not affect NV residents as NV is not projected to trigger off EB until August 11 per the NELP and UW charts posted in FAQS:

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_...h_full_600.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...sed-4-2012.jpg

If you are completing Tier IV, NV will transfer you to EB now. Your payments will end whenever NV triggers off, or after you have collected 20 weeks EB, whichever comes first. For now, plan on receiving benefits through August 11.

NV should be sending you paperwork on EB. You might want to call them after you have claimed your last week of Tier IV to be sure you are on track for EB. It may take a few weeks for NV to process your EB application and get payments rolling. There were reports of delays last year.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,384 times
You are awesome, Ariadne . Thanks. I'll give them a call next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment