Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 PM

11 posts, read 13,341 times

Advertisements

Hey I just wanted to follow up and tell you I had success!! (re: thread issue) Your help was instrumental. I sent an effective
letter to NC UI regarding my rights for a deferral and it was granted. So now at leat until Dec.29 2012 I am collecting $260 per wk vs $80.

Thanks. Great forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 01:30 PM

25,599 posts, read 56,621,417 times
Wonderful news. It appears NC does not offer the HR4213 option unless it is specifically asked. The uninformed claimant would have walked away. Yet another example of a state not informing its citizens of its rights. YOU have to know your rights under federal law, NC clearly won't tell you. Although, interestingly enough, your appeal was resolved fairly quickly. I wonder how often a claimant in NC writes an appeal based on HR4213? Rare, I would imagine.

Thanks so much for this update.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Ummm so now I don't want to deflate my success but my tier 2 monetary allotment on my EUC reinstatement as discribed above was exausted this past week. I assume since I have been qualifying for my tiers, that NC DES will allow me to finish my tiers on this deferral... i.e. start tier 3 next week. It is a deferral of my 3nd BYE based on finishing up my tiers right? I hope NC will honor that (until the end of December). On the website where I do my weekly certification on my personal claim info. page it shows I am operating on my 3nd bye claim (the lesser amount). Then on separate benefit history page it is letting me use my tier2 allowance for the greater amount based on my appeal.

Since you said I may be one of the few who has appealed HR4213 in this state, I hope their system has the sophistication to forward me to my next tier.
Thanks

Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalpana1 View Post
my tier 2 monetary allotment on my EUC reinstatement as discribed above was exausted this past week. I assume since I have been qualifying for my tiers, that NC DES will allow me to finish my tiers on this deferral... i.e. start tier 3 next week. It is a deferral of my 3nd BYE based on finishing up my tiers right? I hope NC will honor that (until the end of December). On the website where I do my weekly certification on my personal claim info. page it shows I am operating on my 3nd bye claim (the lesser amount). Then on separate benefit history page it is letting me use my tier2 allowance for the greater amount based on my appeal.

Since you said I may be one of the few who has appealed HR4213 in this state, I hope their system has the sophistication to forward me to my next tier.
Yes, in every other state, since payment on your new claim is now deferred under HR4213 (aka PL 111-205), you would automatically continue to collect EUC benefits under your second claim until all tiers are exhausted or the federal legislation expires, whichever comes first.

Since you could have been paving new ground here in NC, you very well may need to file yet another appeal to continue on Tier 3 from the second claim. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Let us know what happens.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM

Well if I do have to file another appeal....since they honored the law which I quoted in the first appeal; then they should honor the law as stated again.

Quick response. cool.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM

Hey Im back.....
I'm the one from NC that "paved" the way for HR 4213 (above thread). My extensions are exausted. I can go through a training progaram at my part time job to get full time hours in the summer. In the mean time I want to use the deferred 3nd claim WBE. It's taking weeks to get this underway. Do you see a reason I would be denied my deferred WBA of $89.00? I got an email response below. I hope it means the process is underway. What do they mean by another transaction? What more info. will they need to get from me? The first correspondence is what I sent NCdes. The latter is their response. Thanks for all your help.

Kalpana

Hello,

"Based on an appeal I sent in August 2012 I was granted a deferral from starting a new claim due to start July 2012 (established as a result of part time job wages). I was approved to finish out my Tiers from my previous claim of WBA $259.00 citing public law111-205 (The new claim was more than $100 less than the previous).
I have now finished my Tiers. My last payment of the final extension money was for the week of Feb. 2nd- Feb 9th 2013 of which I filed a weekly certification .
I have called twice in February to have the new claim reinstated. The representatives said they would do it but I still can not file my weekly certifications. My award letter states its for weekly benefit amount of $87.00 The customer service representatives says it is now adjusted to $77.00 per week. Please reinstate this new claim (with either appropriate amount). "

Good Afternoon,

Because your claim was originally monetarily eligible we have to have a transaction done before a new benefit year can be processed. Once this has been done a consultant will contact you for additional information. This should only take a couple of days. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thank You,
Customer Service (AJ)

Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM

NC is problematic. Sounds like you education system may need an overhaul. Never heard the term "transaction done." Ridiculous.

It may be the "transaction done" means NC has to do a transition now to your new claim. But, it has now been four weeks at least. Should not take this long. No idea why your benefit is now $77 instead of $89, unless they've recalculated the deferred claim for some reason.

Good luck.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:01 PM

It's probably a rep. whose first language is not English. He says a consultant will contact me for additional information. What the heck information do they need? Maybe it means after the "transaction" is done they will give me additional information. (If I was not stressed about this, this would actually be funny).

I worked at UNC and the kids are actually very bright. Although it seems NC is not the sharpest in the government sector.

Kalpana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment