Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,927 times

Advertisements

I have just received a duplicate claim form stating the wages (6A) and/or dates (6B) was incomplete or did not correspond with the weeks specified (on the claim form). I believe the error is in week 2, where I did not earn or work in the week. I am still working part time at the same business, I did work, earn, and report for week 1 (I believe correctly). I believe the error is in what I am supposed to write for dates last worked for the week 2 (the week I did not work). I wrote $0 earned in 6a, wrote 0 hours worked in 6b, wrote the name of my employer and the note "still working" under reason no longer working. Question: what should I write in "date last worked" for week 2, and should I even bother filling out and completing 6b for week 2 since there were no wages earned? Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 03:07 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,083,682 times
UI is about the last day you WORKED. If you have a job that is so sporadic that you can go a whole Sunday to Saturday with zero $ and hours, then the system doesn't see as "still" working.

In week 1, you worked and reported, and you were laid off on that last worked in week 1. In week 2, you had nothing. You want to ditch this job the second they give you a chance because you'll be going through suspension of benefits and investigations each time you don't work something in a whole week.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:53 PM

It's a part time job, and the week off was around the holidays. We are working with arrears here. So, in future weeks, I have earnings. If I report 0 in week two, will this kick my form out? Or will it kick it out upon my next form? So frustrating. Would it be better to say I worked 1 hour in the week where I did not work at all? Should I write "still working" on week 1 since I was only off for a week? Sorry for all the questions, I just really want to get this correct.

Last edited by Kellih94928; 04-12-2014 at 06:57 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM

Just report what actually happened. Don't play games with the system or then you might end up with a "false statement" penalty.

If you only had that one gap, you can say it was because of the holidays and things will fix themselves.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:21 PM

Thank you. One last question, for week 1, should I write "still working" even though I will be leaving week 2 completely blank?

Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 PM

When you worked in week 1, did you believe that you'd be working in the second week? If so, do yes.

If you knew, you wouldn't be working that next week, then pick, no.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,766 times
I didn't realize that I had to put hours I worked at my job because I had told them in my original application that I was still working part time.
We realized the mistake and now they want my hours for those weeks. I'm sure I'll get a penalty but I'm a worried about what's going to happen.
I called back to give them info they requested but they are closed for the day.
Does anyone know what will happen next?

Old 09-23-2014, 05:59 PM

Did you only fail to report the hears or did you not report the money either? Hours not so bad in the big scheme of things to not report, the money is a different story.

However, if you get an adverse decision, appeal it. If you thought that EDD already took into account your parttime status in your benefit award, then be sincere in saying so. So you know, when they tell you what you get it's based on when you don't work at all, but I get your confusion, and so will a CA ALJ, but a deputy that does a phone interview with you, probably not so forgiving. Also, if you're a first time claimant, that will be something to mention. If you were told to apply for "partial UI," you can say that too. You want to make it so believable that you were doing what you thought you were supposed to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment