Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM

10 posts, read 24,844 times

Advertisements

I just got on EUC and am actively looking for work.

My question is; does anyone know how to submit my EUC work search logs in MA?

I read that ALL EUC candidates must submit their work search log, but there is no information on the MA website, and it takes 1+ hours to get on the phone with them.

Anyone know for a fact?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojobs123 View Post
I read that ALL EUC candidates must submit their work search log,
Most states don't require submission of work searches, except on request.

There is no provision for online submission of work searches in MA, other than for Extended Benefits, which MA no longer pays.

Quote:
provide a work search log to DUA upon request.
Work Search Activity Logs

For Regular UI Benefits only:
Download a printable worksearch log (Do not return this form until you are notified.)

Work Search - MA lwd website

Additional Information Regarding Your EUC Benefits

Work Search Requirements
Keep a copy of all your work search contacts and activities for each week that you claim EUC benefits. Include the employer’s name, date of contact, how you applied, the kind of work applied for, and the results of your contact or activity. You will be required to submit your Work Search Log on a regular basis. You may download a copy of the Work Search Log at www.mass.gov/dua/worksearch or obtain the Work Search Log at your local Career Center.

Overview of Latest Extension Benefits
If you are still in doubt, call MA. You will be required to bring in a work search log when you are called for an REA.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM

26 posts, read 66,311 times
Don't submit anything unless they ask for it. It's not required for EUC. Just keep a written log in case they ever "audit" you. Which 99% won't happen.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,691 times
Hi No jobs123,

Can you please tell a little of your experience with tier 1 of EUC. Were you called in to meet with someone? Did u have to submit work logs for weeks on EUC? How was that done online?

Thx!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 AM

26 posts, read 66,311 times
Default Euc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B123 View Post
Hi No jobs123,

Can you please tell a little of your experience with tier 1 of EUC. Were you called in to meet with someone? Did u have to submit work logs for weeks on EUC? How was that done online?

Thx!
SteveB,

Within 3 weeks of starting tier 1 you should receive a letter from unemployment to call and schedule an orientation. If you do not receive something, call because if you miss this appointment they will suspend benefits until you go. At the appointment you pretty much just meet with someone at your local career center and work on resume, etc. Be sure to bring some sort of job search list to the orientation even though the man I had just asked if I brought a list of jobs and did not even look at it. As far as continuation of job search logs, I did not submit anything. I kept a record of places on just scrap paper at home. It is said that you only submit the job search log if you are asked. I have never heard of anyone being asked to do so. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment