Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

It's now impossible to get through to EDD by phone. I tried the English, Spanish and Vietnamese lines with no success, plus the limited hours make it even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It's now impossible to get through to EDD by phone. I tried the English, Spanish and Vietnamese lines with no success, plus the limited hours make it even worse.
People are still getting through all the time using 5-1-1-0 after recorded message. Keep trying.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:13 PM

296 posts, read 625,799 times
Quote:
You may need to try the email option.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLGal View Post
You may need to try the email option.
Pointless. Call. Use 5-1-1-0. People who have talked with a rep are getting their money. It is often taking 15 minutes per call for a rep to release the payment. They have to search the system for the certification, callers are often put on hold for ten minutes or more. Email will mean it will be another four-five business days before you get payment - IF - the person doing the EDD email is actually capable of doing manual releases. Anyone not yet paid who wants their money, needs to make the effort to call.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
People are still getting through all the time using 5-1-1-0 after recorded message. Keep trying.
I'll start at 7:55am on Monday, and see what happens.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:22 PM

29 posts, read 143,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLGal View Post
So, these problems didn't appear in the test phase?

My understanding is that some of the problems that led to the first 2 delays were even worse than what is being experienced now. Even though most realized the new system still wasn't ready for prime time even on the third try, at a certain point it becomes a political issue....

Having said that, it is often very difficult to anticipate glitches that may occur once a system goes live when you are looking at things in a test environment. Issues that occur on claims are not always vanilla, and even when they were training EDD employees on how to use the new system, many felt frustrated because the scenarios presented were always on "clean claims" , which frankly, are rarely seen.

I do know that IT was working on the system today and I know that personally, I was able to figure out a way around an issue I have personally been very frustrated with so that now it only takes me about 20 minutes to do a task that previously it took me about a minute to accomplish. Considering the amount of time I feel I wasted this week getting to this point, I must admit I actually have a sense of accomplishment right now.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Gott im himmel!! Over time the new system is supposed to improve information accessibility? Like, checking payment history, claim balance and other matters online? Gonna take a while. I read that Gov's office said the system had to go 'live' because budget had been exceeded on this rollout - and outside contractors designing the project had left. Internal emails then went 'round congratulating everybody for the "success" of the rollout.

Meanwhile people haven't been paid for a week - and the worker bees have been camped out at EDD over the weekend trying to make it "work" somehow.

Typical corporate bureaucracy - doesn't matter if it's public or private - some things never change.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-07-2013 at 09:19 PM..

Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM

296 posts, read 625,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego1212 View Post
My understanding is that some of the problems that led to the first 2 delays were even worse than what is being experienced now. Even though most realized the new system still wasn't ready for prime time even on the third try, at a certain point it becomes a political issue....

Having said that, it is often very difficult to anticipate glitches that may occur once a system goes live when you are looking at things in a test environment. Issues that occur on claims are not always vanilla, and even when they were training EDD employees on how to use the new system, many felt frustrated because the scenarios presented were always on "clean claims" , which frankly, are rarely seen.

I do know that IT was working on the system today and I know that personally, I was able to figure out a way around an issue I have personally been very frustrated with so that now it only takes me about 20 minutes to do a task that previously it took me about a minute to accomplish. Considering the amount of time I feel I wasted this week getting to this point, I must admit I actually have a sense of accomplishment right now.

Thanks very much for the info Diego. I know sh*t happens, and it really helps to know what's going on, on the provider's side.

P.S. I've both on the customer service side and the client side when it comes to software issues, so I totally sympathize with the EDD support reps. In turn, they have to bug IT for fixes.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM

I started calling at 7:55, and finally got through at 8:09 this morning. She said my money should be on the way in about 24 hours, and said that slowly, but surely, people are getting paid.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I started calling at 7:55, and finally got through at 8:09 this morning. She said my money should be on the way in about 24 hours, and said that slowly, but surely, people are getting paid.
I hope you get paid. You may not if she didn't do more than just "remove a flag." The reps need to go through several screens - the process takes about 10 minutes. Many people are reporting what you have - being told you'll get your money but then don't get it. They then call back, sometimes several times, before finding a rep who really knows what to do. It isn't just a simple fix of removing a flag and clicking one button. So, stay on top of it. If your money doesn't appear tomorrow, call again.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-09-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment