Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 11:38 AM

293 posts, read 469,089 times

Advertisements

Received one of those blue letters in the mail about when I can start filing. Nothing about a claims examiner interview; called in and confirmed twice I would be receiving a call today at 9.20 AM EST. It is now 1.30 PM EST and nothing. They said to give it up to two hours but now it has been 4 hours. My claims have been pended so I will not receive benefits until I talk to someone. I tried speaking to a live agent today and was told there is a 3 hour WAIT TIME

I understand the holiday week may be screwing things up but this is very stressing. Besides looking for a job, this just adds another layer of stress.

Has this happened to anyone and what was the reason for the no call? Was the examiner just backed up.

I don't mind waiting but a call would be nice. Maybe someone telling me my call won't come until after 3.00 PM EST. Very frustrating and from the whole tax return audit mess this year I think they are doing it on purpose. Don't pay people the money they are owed so the state can earn more interest. This is absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 AM

Skype blocked my account and I am not using my cell to call in and wait 180 minutes. No way.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Afraid they will say I did call and rule in favor of my employer leaving me homeless.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:17 PM

Still no call. Maybe they will just push it through.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:17 PM

314 posts, read 697,860 times
Sometimes if they don't call you it's a good thing because they have enough info to give you benefits and don't needto talk to you. I was waiting for My call and they'd never called. I called a ue Rep and they told me that was the reason. On the other hand it could also mean that they were unable to call you today and will contact youanother time. Check your claim status online to see if your status changed, the date they called you changed, etc...I would personally call an agent to say that you didn't miss it and you weren't called to prevent a chance of losing benefits. By the way there is an option to have them call you backand not be on hold. Choose that option and they will call you when it's your turn

Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msix3623 View Post
Sometimes if they don't call you it's a good thing because they have enough info to give you benefits and don't needto talk to you. I was waiting for My call and they'd never called. I called a ue Rep and they told me that was the reason. On the other hand it could also mean that they were unable to call you today and will contact youanother time. Check your claim status online to see if your status changed, the date they called you changed, etc...I would personally call an agent to say that you didn't miss it and you weren't called to prevent a chance of losing benefits. By the way there is an option to have them call you backand not be on hold. Choose that option and they will call you when it's your turn
Thanks for the advice. I don't get that option all of the time (call back) and can't burn cell phone minutes. What number do you usually call?

Old 11-26-2013, 01:45 PM

In the claim status where do you see the date they are supposed to call you. My claim is still pending which means no money.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:06 PM

Could not get through and no phone call. What a load of crap.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:20 PM

69 posts, read 141,331 times
Welcome to NJ UE.

I've gone thru your experience twice so I will tell you how I successfully handled it the second time per my friend's advice. Don't laugh when I tell you but it worked.

As far as waiting for them to call, you just have to keep your phone near you between 8:30am-4:30pm and make sure the phone doesn't leave your side. I've had them call the following day after the scheduled call. They never call when they say they are supposed to so don't sweat it.

As far as calling NJ UE, the only way I get thru is by calling exactly at 8:30am when they open.

I usually called with my cell phone plugged into my wall AC charger and then once I get thru and they put me on hold I put the speaker part of my cell phone on; I then call from my house phone and put it on the speaker, and just wait to see who answers first. I call two different numbers when I call. One in northern New Jersey, one in southern New Jersey, just to mix it up.

My experience as been, if you call at 8:30am the wait is never longer than a half hour; if you call after that time, the wait might be as long as you said but honestly, if I really needed to talk to someone that's the only way to do it; I no longer call after 8:30am anymore.

The other option which I recently found easier is going to the One-Stop Center in your county; I live in Union County and both times I've gone there last month after lunch there has been no line and they will resolve any issue right in front of you; just bring your drivers license and any paperwork you have.

Good luck and keep me posted

Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 AM

I have never had them not call which is odd. I just would like like people to keep their word. I have another number to call but I will try to get an agent first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment