Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:30 PM

13 posts, read 27,165 times

Advertisements

Hello
I wanna know something about edd webcert.. Because i use the online to file for my benefits. But it didnt require me to put my work search.. And when i read the instructions about edd webcert it stating that i need keep records for my work search because edd might ask for it. I wanna know if they going to mail me or call me if they wanna ask for my wor search or do they do random work search and do you think they do it most of the time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
They will mail you if they want your work search. This is done randomly. Just keep the records. Then you'll have it if EDD ever ask.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the answer,, uhm how do u keep records dor ur job search? Can you just write it down?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggg25 View Post
Thanks for the answer,, uhm how do u keep records dor ur job search? Can you just write it down?
Use the second page of this pdf to record your work searches:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de8531.pdf

Fill in the information you have. In most cases, you will be applying online, so won't have "person contacted" and possibly other info. Do the best you can. You can also create a similar form in Word, and update each week. That's what I did when I was unemployed. Then I always had the log should I ever be called in.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:13 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,162 times
Quote:
I did all of my job searching online at websites like Craigslist and CareerBuilder. I printed the job listings I replied to as well as the application confirmations I got when I applied.

If WA ESD asks for it.. I've got the records of my searches.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Use the second page of this pdf to record your work searches:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de8531.pdf

Fill in the information you have. In most cases, you will be applying online, so won't have "person contacted" and possibly other info. Do the best you can. You can also create a similar form in Word, and update each week. That's what I did when I was unemployed. Then I always had the log should I ever be called in.
Okay thank you so much.. So i only need to fill out the 5 boxes not including the person contacted? What if i do walk in's and give my resume to the manager or supervisor? And question when you were unemployed and youre doing this is there a time when they ask for your work search? Oh and btw can i just type the job search that i applied and put it on the 2nd page you gave me? Or i have to write it down?

Last edited by swaggg25; 03-02-2014 at 03:58 PM..

Old 03-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
What if i do walk in's and give my resume to the manager or supervisor?
Politely ask for the name - or not. If you don't get it, it's not a big deal. Just say you left application with receptionist, or manager, who didn't give you their name, if that's what happened.

Quote:
And question when you were unemployed and youre doing this is there a time when they ask for your work search?
Already answered:
Quote:
They will mail you if they want your work search. This is done randomly.
Quote:
Oh and btw can i just type the job search that i applied and put it on the 2nd page you gave me? Or i have to write it down?
Typing is fine.

CA isn't going to audit every square inch of that work search record. They just want evidence that you have been searching. They can pretty well tell by looking over the record if it's legit.

Don't worry about it. Do the best you can.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Politely ask for the name - or not. If you don't get it, it's not a big deal. Just say you left application with receptionist, or manager, who didn't give you their name, if that's what happened.

Already answered:

Typing is fine.

CA isn't going to audit every square inch of that work search record. They just want evidence that you have been searching. They can pretty well tell by looking over the record if it's legit.

Don't worry about it. Do the best you can.
Oh okay thanks so pretty much i can edit the 2nd page of that link you gave me and type in the jobs i applied for?

Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Oh okay thanks so pretty much i can edit the 2nd page of that link you gave me and type in the jobs i applied for?
Yes. That's why CA posted the form on their website. For YOU to USE.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Yes. That's why CA posted the form on their website. For YOU to USE.
Okay thanks for all the help. Appreciated.. Im worried bcoz what if they ask me the work search and i mailed it typed. They might think i just bulls*** it or something.. You know what i mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment