Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 PM

11 posts, read 11,370 times

Advertisements

If your could please read my previous thread to read my situation before reading this it would be helpful it has the same title... So i now have a phone interview for the weeks i was filing late like i said before i am 21 i didnt know i was supposed to be still sending in my cert forms while i was appealing my case. My other reason for not knowing was because i was no longer getting the forms to cert in the mail. I now realized why i wasn't getting the forms... I changed addresses in the process after that week and unemployment had my incorrect address on file. I sent in my change of address with the correct address for them to have which clearly i had the correct address on the form i sent them. (I have a copy of the paper with the address i sent them which was correct on my part). At the time i was attending to a sickly uncle who has been in icu for over a month and a half now. I was able to keep up with my appeal and just now realized the problems of the cert forms that i hadn't received. The mail man a few days ago was able to pull the mail from my neighbors box and gave me the mail that had my name on it. What information would be useful to use during the phone interview i have on thursday? We are discussing why i certified the weeks late? Are they reasonable? What can i say while still being honest to better my chances to receive the benefits for the following weeks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 08:55 PM

oh im in ca

Old 04-14-2014, 06:49 AM

35,135 posts, read 57,276,559 times
This thread is off topic for the Connecticut forum so I am moving it to the California forum. JayCT, Moderator

Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 PM

okay thanks

Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,648,209 times
Just tell them the truth. They will appreciate it. Normally, they're very decent and fair, in my experience. I had to deal with the state for workers comp and state disability and they were always fine to deal with. Haven't filed unemployment for many years, but the last time I did, the employer fought my claim and I had to talk to someone on the phone and I just explained my side of the story, and I got my claim approved.

So, I've had good experiences dealing with state agencies. They will probably get grumpy with you if you are dishonest. Just be honest and talk to them like they're a normal person.

They probably just want to make sure you didn't file because you were working. They will probably want to make sure you qualified for benefits - that you weren't working and earning wages, and were willing and available for work (not out of state or out of the country, for instance). Those are probably the only issues they will care about. Be sure you say you were willing and able to work every week, even though you moved - if they ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment