Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:25 PM

26 posts, read 34,742 times

Advertisements

DupontCoalKracker

I thought it would be a good idea to send all the paperwork in early to be in my file. I took it to the post office on 10/18 sent it by certified mail but so far it has not been delivered yet by the tracking number. You are right I did fax in a copy of two of the letters we received in the very beginning. I will be bringing the original and photocopies to the hearing. Hope it works. I have exhibit 1 thru exhibit 8. In regards to what you mentioned earlier :He also needs to speak to a UC interviewer the week of 12/19 to 12/23, state he wants to cancel the claim and fax a signed and dated later to whichever UC Service Center he was speaking with and then filing the new claim the week beginning 12/25. I am overthinking it. I just worry that what if something happens and I can not get on a computer or the system shuts down. With the base period for filing, if I miss that time slot and end up in Jan 2017 that then would include the quarter Jul-Sept 2016, and the 49.5 rule might apply. I would assume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 06:36 PM

210 posts, read 376,176 times
No word yet on when it will take effect, but the 49.5% rule in PA is going away. Employers, trade groups and unions in seasonal or outdoor industries have been fighting the rule since they began to understand what it actually meant. The amendments to Act 60 will require 37% of the total base year earnings to be outside the highest quarter of earnings in the base year.

UC Reform Bill Heads to Governor

Old 10-28-2016, 09:49 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DupontCoalKracker View Post
No word yet on when it will take effect, but the 49.5% rule in PA is going away. Employers, trade groups and unions in seasonal or outdoor industries have been fighting the rule since they began to understand what it actually meant. The amendments to Act 60 will require 37% of the total base year earnings to be outside the highest quarter of earnings in the base year.

UC Reform Bill Heads to Governor
That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-28-2016 at 10:03 PM..

Old 11-15-2016, 05:04 PM

210 posts, read 376,176 times
JAS,

Did you have your hearing in front of the UC Referee yet? If so, how did it go?

Old 02-02-2017, 06:20 AM

26 posts, read 34,742 times
Dupontcoalkracker,

Luckily, when I had the meeting with the UC Referee I was well prepared.
Even with the copy of the Supreme Court ruling on Diehl, you still have to prove that you felt your job was in jeopardy. I made sure I had every piece of evidence regarding this issue with me. I really appreciated all the support I received on this site. It helped a lot. I was approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment