Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 332 times

Advertisements

Yes!! I am stuck on that same "Work Type" page since Sunday. It's Thursday. Believe me it's not a matter of filling in the box correctly, it will not accept ANY work term and does not provide a drop-down menu to select from. It cycles back to ERROR- you must select a Work Type - every time. No one at any "Call Center" has any clue of what we know to be the fault of the website - not ours. I've tried on Three different computers now and get the same non-result. I completed the whole process for myself last month, so I know how it's supposed to work. Now I'm doing it for an eighty-year-old who has no computer. Believe it folks, it's a problem that's real. If I come up with a solution I'll post it here. Ananda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 03:09 PM

276 posts, read 586,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandaGino View Post
Yes!! I am stuck on that same "Work Type" page since Sunday. It's Thursday. Believe me it's not a matter of filling in the box correctly, it will not accept ANY work term and does not provide a drop-down menu to select from. It cycles back to ERROR- you must select a Work Type - every time. No one at any "Call Center" has any clue of what we know to be the fault of the website - not ours. I've tried on Three different computers now and get the same non-result. I completed the whole process for myself last month, so I know how it's supposed to work. Now I'm doing it for an eighty-year-old who has no computer. Believe it folks, it's a problem that's real. If I come up with a solution I'll post it here. Ananda

AnandaGino. From my experience, I really "do" think there is a glitch in the EDD system. When I first tried to get signed-up/registered, that 2nd menu would not drop down or show anything to help me enter my information. I tried a few days in a row, with no luck. Then another day later, everything seemed to work the way it should. Yet on that day, I was not ready to finish completing my registration, I just logged on to try to see if the system would work the way it should. So I tried again on the next day, and it was back to square one again . . . that menu did not drop down or offer options to let me enter my information to get to the next step of completion. Then I think I either tried a few hours later or the next day (to enter my information in that 2nd drop down menu) and it worked where I could enter the information I needed to enter so I could FINALLY complete my registration. Yet it has been so long ago since I completed my registration, I can't remember all of the details other than it seemed like everything ONLY worked easily and correctly on the EDD website, depending on which way the wind was blowing. Yet if you have trouble, just logoff and try to logon and enter your information a few hours later each time, until you can get it entered. As I really do not think their system is consistent in letting you enter the information that it is requiring from you.

Good luck to you, and I hope this information helps you.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 233 times
I had similar trouble and found the solution. So, I am a jeweler. I typed jeweler and instead of save I did a search and it gave me 2 options. I clicked on 1 relevant to me and after that it was a breeze. I called EDD for 3 days and spoke to different agents and none of them could help. Even the technical toll free number supposed to help with tech questions , didnt have an answer.If you still have problems, send me a message and I will try to hlp. GOOD LUCK

Old 03-23-2021, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,599 times
Default EDD Select Work Type

It confused me too. It turns out you have to type a word that is related to your profession, then click Search. If nothing happens, try a different word. When you get lucky with the Search term and click Search, the EDD site will present a list of accepted Work Types. You pick one of those and voila! Now it's happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment