Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 10:20 AM

63 posts, read 46,125 times

Advertisements

I did post a probably too long post under Unemployment Chats today.

Now I'm realizing I should focus on CA, and find persons who also had previous claim in the past....such that everytime I log in it takes me over and over and over to my CLAIM SUMMERY PAGE. (not been used in years).

I've tried everything they direct "reopen claim", takes to the simple "UI claim online" - again, every time I log in my old information....it just takes me to claim summery page...the only options there are
1. dealing with aspects of a current claim ($0 - nothing to deal with)
2. the ONLY button to click is "view payment activity"
3. links at top - only one that seems to relate is "Certify for Benefits". I've messed with that (about 20x)and it just brings me back to logging in again and right back to the Claim Summary Page.

Any others have this issue getting stuck here? Thanks!

In other words, I cannot file for UI benefits.
(as a byside....curious if anyone applying for the PUA. According to the EDD site it is OK to apply for this instead (pandemic coverage) and is basically the same thing, far as I can tell. But when I went to apply for THAT, thinking perhaps something would shift...it also just directs one back to the good ol' UI Online link.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 11:30 AM

13,134 posts, read 21,036,777 times
Sounds like your SDI was never finalized by EDD, You'll need to keep calling until you get someone who can reset your account. Normally, returning to work on a regular full-time basis in two quarters will trigger a finalization or your medical professional certifies you are now able to return to work.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:52 PM

63 posts, read 46,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Sounds like your SDI was never finalized by EDD, You'll need to keep calling until you get someone who can reset your account. Normally, returning to work on a regular full-time basis in two quarters will trigger a finalization or your medical professional certifies you are now able to return to work.
Thank you so much!

Yes, I had a disability for a solid year (the longest can claim benefits for a short-term disability). Back in 2015? I've wondered if maybe I left a couple of dollars on the card but all my google research says that irregardless of whatever prior claims, one should simply re-open it. And it just won't let me.

Do any others out there have any issues with constantly getting bumped to their "Claim Summery" page? At that time, I didn't do it online, I did by mail. So I am not even familiar with this page, but it has $0 payment for the last week. Ha!

Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 PM

13,134 posts, read 21,036,777 times
Your claim from 2015 is dead and buried long ago. It should have absolutely no impact your unemployment claim in 2020. So, it seems that something within the system is stuck and screwed up. That is why you need to get on the phone and keep calling until you get someone to fix this. It should not be an issue and the fact that it is means something is wrong. About the only time this may become an issue of you're attempting to open a long ago expired SDI claim when you need to file as a new unemployment claim.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:01 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,773,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maganita View Post
Thank you so much!

Yes, I had a disability for a solid year (the longest can claim benefits for a short-term disability). Back in 2015? I've wondered if maybe I left a couple of dollars on the card but all my google research says that irregardless of whatever prior claims, one should simply re-open it. And it just won't let me.

Do any others out there have any issues with constantly getting bumped to their "Claim Summery" page? At that time, I didn't do it online, I did by mail. So I am not even familiar with this page, but it has $0 payment for the last week. Ha!
dumb question but the thought just came to me as I'm in NJ and have had experience with UI and TDI in NJ. does CA have 2 separate online portals, one for SDI online and one for UI online? Are you trying to log in to what you think is the UI when actually it's SDI online portal and using that login and password. In NJ. both through the DOL, but 2 separate portals. having a UI online account doesn't tie you into the TDI online account. IDK CA and didn't look deep into it. but just an off the wall thought. Because I was surprised in NJ when I realized the two portals aren't tied together.

have you ever been on unemployment before and had to access the account within the last several years? or only disability?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment